• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 9th February, 2019

football forum

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We weren't shite but another major disappointment as the players had a real chance there to prevent Watford winning their big cup final and save some face for the manager.

Watford weren't much better but took the game by the scruff of the neck until they scored. We did react but the dearth of quality in our attacking play meant they kept us at arms length. It's absurd seeing us play diagonal hoofs to wingers like Bernard and Walcott which almost guarantee a loss of possession. Tosun and Calvert-Lewin's late headed misses were an embarrassment even though Cenk should have been flagged offside. I like both guys and they have their qualities but scoring 20 or even 15 goals a season at this level isn't among them.

Nothing new we didn't know already from that game and thankfully we now have 17 days off or something. Not because it'll help but because I can't be arsed with this lot anymore and have no idea why I've just wasted another two hours getting annoyed at how poor we are. I suppose sections of our support are getting what they deserve now after cry arsing that Lukaku wasn't that good because he didn't run around that much. If he played today, or another similar striker did, we'd have equalised and come away with a point from that late spell of pressure. Goalscorers make a difference and we simple don't have one besides a 21 year old kid who doesn't even play up front and can't keep being expected to produce magic and carry the team. 

Disappointing second half, honestly a major clear-out is needed this summer. So many poor players especially in defence.

Leno another poor defensive purchase for me, Kolasinac, Maitland Niles and Mustafi can't defend. Koscielny, Monreal and Sokratis all old it's just a mess back there. Bellerin and Holding are both very good but both have had terrible injuries this season. Massively worrying and just goes to show how shite we have been in the market. Finally if Elneny is here next season I'm going Turin with Rambo. xD

That was nice. In control and some lovely football. A clean sheet to add. 

Thought Keita had a good game. Seemed a bit more confident. 

Nice win for Cardiff, as well. Reckon they will not get relegated. The unfortunate accident seems to have brought them closer than before and given them a cause to fight for. 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Just seen the Mane 'offside' again and a still image. It's extremely close, I think he might be just about on

He is rather smart in all of it because he was way off side before the move started and then he decides to get back quickly and get the opportunity. I can't see how the linesman calls that one because its really hard but I think its marginally offside. Either ways we played really well yesterday and all our goals were reminiscent of that run to the CL final last season. This coming week is extremely important and I hope we don't get more injuries or people picking up knocks in training. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Just seen MOTD. That Watford goal is classic Marco Silva. Not a clue tactically to set up a defence. 

Really struggling to tell now whether you're looking for people to bite or whether you're actually this obsessed for some reason. I'm not arguing with your observations just to be clear, merely confused as to why you feel the need to labour this point about half a dozen times in the space of a couple of days.

If you were a disgruntled Everton fan or a Watford fan rubbing it in then I'd totally get it but just a bit confused why you seem so arsed about the manager of a club doing their level best to make themselves as irrelevant to everyone as possible. Unless you are just trying to get a reaction in which case I guess here it is.

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Really struggling to tell now whether you're looking for people to bite or whether you're actually this obsessed for some reason. I'm not arguing with your observations just to be clear, merely confused as to why you feel the need to labour this point about half a dozen times in the space of a couple of days.

If you were a disgruntled Everton fan or a Watford fan rubbing it in then I'd totally get it but just a bit confused why you seem so arsed about the manager of a club doing their level best to make themselves as irrelevant to everyone as possible. Unless you are just trying to get a reaction in which case I guess here it is.

A genuine observation on a point that has been widely discussed across Football not just on here this week or so. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator

just watching MOTD and seen the Watford fans with their snakes. Very cringe-worthy. One woman seemed to be in some kind of sleeping bag with a snake's head for an arm talking to herself with it fucking hell xD 

To be honest, I'm not sure why Watford bother with the snake thing and make it come across like it still bothers them. The way things have gone for both clubs since, it would be easier to just mock Everton and Silva rather than appear bitter

Can anyone tell me what the heck is Roy Hodgson playing at?

He has potentially three of the most dangerous strikers in the league at the moment and the goal tally for Palace is woeful.  Nothing in the way of assistance from the mid-field and he has signed one of the best mid-field attackers last year and gives him 5-10 minutes each game.  When young Max came on on Saturday he had 10 minutes to create chaos on the field, but to expect him to perform to his full potential with this silly on/off situation will lead to the sort of frustration which got him to Palace in the first place.  The young captain of the national team who led them to the final in Brazil and regularly was near or at the top of the assist tables in Germany every season until idiot Tedesco tried to change him into a midfield defender is spending far too much wasted time on the bench.  If Roy is not sure of his decision to sign him then test it! Nothing can be gained by leaving such a talented player on the bench and his ability at set pieces is one of the best since he moulded his young career on one D Beckham.  So many Palace corners and free kicks are a total waste and he is sitting watching the poor efforts on the field. He won't say anything, but someone has to!  He had too much mental bullying at 04 last season to last a long time so he will just sit quietly and take it at the moment, but meantime the strikers are suffering.  Come on Roy, (I can still refer to you as young Roy) if I can see it from here, you must really be able to sort it from where you are!

Archived