The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 3-1 Leicester - Sunday 10th February, 2019

football forum

• Administrator

Get in! 

About time we got the goal ffs. 

10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Bloke has no end product whatsoever 

He does (if you look at his West Brom goals). Just not today! 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

Get in! 

About time we got the goal ffs. 

He does (if you look at his West Brom goals). Just not today! 

I must have switched off just before you scored! xD Leicester should have had at least three or four from what I saw

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I must have switched off just before you scored! xD Leicester should have had at least three or four from what I saw

You're not wrong. We've had some golden chances. 

Vardy with another there but much more difficult. 

• Administrator
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Signs of champions from Spurs, not at their best but get it done.

Yep. Another late goal for them. Did the same against Fulham and Watford. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Damn. 3-1 flatters Spurs here I think. We've been very wasteful though so only ourselves to blame. 

Yup we were terrible, but that’s another win without Kane and Alli whilst playing poorly.

Kane back on the bench for Burnley then starting at the Bridge.

Lloris with his best game in years today too

• The title was changed to Tottenham 3-1 Leicester - Sunday 10th February, 2019
  • Subscriber

Biggest 3 dropped of the season for me. To come away with a two goal loss from that is absolutely unreal. The most wasteful performance of the season by a distance.

Cannot remember the last time we scored a penalty. This has become quite a concern. I knew he was gonna come on and miss.

Lot of positives today but ultimately it's another loss. That's 6 defeats in 8 with a Palace side we always lose to up next. We've got to get our act together. If we play like today against Palace we'll win, but I bet we don't.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Bloke has no end product whatsoever 

It'll come. He's produced goals at every level he's been at. Unreal that he hasn't finished one of those today though, I thought his second was an easier chance than the penalty.

• Subscriber

For what it's worth, I did find it utterly cringeworthy from our fans.

Away end today was crap apparently as well. Sums up why I can't be arsed at the minute. Two aways left for me this season, Burnley and Huddersfield which are rarely bad.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Don't remember the last time we booed our own player though. Granted our stadium is absolutely silent but I've never seen a player booed - that's just weird. 

Goodison is possibly the worst in the league for getting on their own players backs. Atmosphere sounds toxic at times when things aren't going well.

• Subscriber

Sorry but they're all true these comments Cannabis. Everton's atmosphere is abysmal and the most toxic in the league (I genuinely think we're 2nd at the minute). I did however see the reasoning for it a lot more when @RandoEFC explained it. Don't think it helps at all but I can understand why your fans are frustrated.

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Proper obsessed with Everton you. Is this what it's like when you abandon your own team? 

Also, it was booing the fact that Gueye was brought off as he was playing well (there was a massive discussion about it on EFC forums) but whatever fits your weird agenda.

You do enough on here to make yourself look like a fool, I won’t indulge you further.

But yeah, whatever you wanna believe pal. 

Viva being fuming when you lose a few days after being happy that you lose. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

We in a similar situation to Leicester though, so many basic mistakes being made and it's infuriating. Roll on the summer

It really is a pathetic shambles for clubs of our statute and the amount of money spent. So much shite and instability which is why I don't think sacking either manager would do anyone any good. Mainly on the fact there's no one else out there who is better and it just leads to even more instability. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Abysmal yes, toxic no. I go the game and literally nobody boos the players, sure there is frustration and quite a lot of it but nothing personal to a single player. 

The Gwladys Street and Main Stand stayed behind the applaud the lads off after the City game, the crowd are behind the players we are just in a mess. 

We in a similar situation to Leicester though, so many basic mistakes being made and it's infuriating. Roll on the summer xD

I find it absolutely no surprise what so ever that both games between us this year ended in away wins xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

It really is a pathetic shambles for clubs of our statute and the amount of money spent. So much shite and instability which is why I don't think sacking either manager would do anyone any good. Mainly on the fact there's no one else out there who is better and it just leads to even more instability. 

I do think Puel's lost the fans. Today sums him up to me. You could list a lot of positive things, we played genuinely good football at times today, we created chances, we looked threatening. As an isolated game, it was a good performance albeit poor result.

But ultimately he dropped the best striker we've had in my lifetime for an inconsistent winger in a game we would go on to be utterly wasteful, one where Gray took I think fifty something minutes to have a touch within 20 yards of their goal.

He also picked Mendy over Ndidi and only got out of that through Mendy getting injured in the warm up, and after how well Ndidi played and how ordinary Mendy looks nearly every game I find his thought process baffling.

I thought Barnes was decent but unbelievably wasteful. Maddison's badly due a performance. Ghezzal meh. Our best player for me was Tielemans, he was everything I hoped he would be.

15 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Lovely bit of irony, definitely would advise going out and getting proper mates rather than trying to carry on this bizarre persona on here. 

Completely swerved the point that you have abandoned your beloved Orient and instead obsess over clubs from the top flight, as shit as Everton are we'll never be as low as your old, supposed boyhood team.

If you do think I am a fool, why bother replying to me unless you are either A] Just posting that to sound hard B] Obsessed with Everton and/or me C] Desperate to speak to me?

You literally supported Manchester United. You’ve admitted yourself. It’s hypocritical. 

Least they won for ya this weekend. 

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, Dan said:

I do think Puel's lost the fans. Today sums him up to me. You could list a lot of positive things, we played genuinely good football at times today, we created chances, we looked threatening. As an isolated game, it was a good performance albeit poor result.

But ultimately he dropped the best striker we've had in my lifetime for an inconsistent winger in a game we would go on to be utterly wasteful, one where Gray took I think fifty something minutes to have a touch within 20 yards of their goal.

He also picked Mendy over Ndidi and only got out of that through Mendy getting injured in the warm up, and after how well Ndidi played and how ordinary Mendy looks nearly every game I find his thought process baffling.

I thought Barnes was decent but unbelievably wasteful. Maddison's badly due a performance. Ghezzal meh. Our best player for me was Tielemans, he was everything I hoped he would be.

Out of all the stuff you mention, only the Vardy and Mendy things today were his fault. But on the counter to that, he brings Vardy on and immediately misses a penalty. The countless chances wasted (not just in this game) can't always be put on Puel. He can't always be blamed for when Vardy misses a one-on-one or when Maddison misses easy chances in the 6-yard box. 

Clearly we're doing something right but our fanbase in general has become so entitled and reactionary and utterly knee-jerk in anything we do that the bar is so high for someone to succeed in. Yes, Puel makes questionable decisions at times but every single loss really isn't always his fault. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Out of all the stuff you mention, only the Vardy and Mendy things today were his fault. But on the counter to that, he brings Vardy on and immediately misses a penalty. The countless chances wasted (not just in this game) can't always be put on Puel. He can't always be blamed for when Vardy misses a one-on-one or when Maddison misses easy chances in the 6-yard box. 

Clearly we're doing something right but our fanbase in general has become so entitled and reactionary and utterly knee-jerk in anything we do that the bar is so high for someone to succeed in. Yes, Puel makes questionable decisions at times but every single loss really isn't always his fault. 

I don't blame Puel for Vardy missing loads of chances, but he doesn't, he doesn't really get that many. I think you can get rusty as a striker in this team. Could be talking absolute nonsense here but the longer you go not creating chances the more it adds pressure on the forward to score.

Today that wasn't the case, we created some brilliant chances. Barnes' first miss was bad and his second was unbelievable, I'd have fancied myself to put his second away.

There are issues with both Puel and the fanbase. I do think though that if we played like today more often, there would be less complaints, it's just the frequency of the dire performances at home that have turned people against him. I feel like we've been here before, seem to remember us playing a very good yet ultimately fruitless game in the same fixture last season. It's when Palace, Brighton, Bournemouth, Newcastle and Fulham come here that I will judge if we truly have progressed.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived