talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 3-1 Leicester - Sunday 10th February, 2019

football forum

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

I don't blame Puel for Vardy missing loads of chances, but he doesn't, he doesn't really get that many. I think you can get rusty as a striker in this team. Could be talking absolute nonsense here but the longer you go not creating chances the more it adds pressure on the forward to score.

Today that wasn't the case, we created some brilliant chances. Barnes' first miss was bad and his second was unbelievable, I'd have fancied myself to put his second away.

There are issues with both Puel and the fanbase. I do think though that if we played like today more often, there would be less complaints, it's just the frequency of the dire performances at home that have turned people against him. I feel like we've been here before, seem to remember us playing a very good yet ultimately fruitless game in the same fixture last season. It's when Palace, Brighton, Bournemouth, Newcastle and Fulham come here that I will judge if we truly have progressed.

Fair enough.

The next 9 fixtures worry more than the last 3 we've just played, to be honest. Teams we traditionally find it difficult to break down because they don't set up as openly.

Palace
Brighton
Watford
Fulham
Burnley
Bournemouth
Newcastle
Huddersfield
West Ham

The first 2 we simply have to win to ensure the gap is still there between us and those 2 in 13th and 14th. Currently 5 ahead but it gets interesting if we lose either of those 2.

Bournemouth can be a write-off to be honest. Our record is embarrassing against them.

Games against Watford, Burnley, West Ham could go any way due to our unpredictability to either throw games away or nick something out of nothing.

Given Huddersfield and Newcastle's situation and where they lie in the table, they'll be quite difficult as they have something to fight for.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fair enough.

The next 9 fixtures worry more than the last 3 we've just played, to be honest. Teams we traditionally find it difficult to break down because they don't set up as openly.

Palace
Brighton
Watford
Fulham
Burnley
Bournemouth
Newcastle
Huddersfield
West Ham

The first 2 we simply have to win to ensure the gap is still there between us and those 2 in 13th and 14th. Currently 5 ahead but it gets interesting if we lose either of those 2.

Bournemouth can be a write-off to be honest. Our record is embarrassing against them.

Games against Watford, Burnley, West Ham could go any way due to our unpredictability to either throw games away or nick something out of nothing.

Given Huddersfield and Newcastle's situation and where they lie in the table, they'll be quite difficult as they have something to fight for.

I agree fully with this and the next two are bigger than people appreciate - make no mistake if we lose both of them we're in the relegation mix, we shouldn't be but we would be. Palace I think will get something here, Brighton are the kind of side who do but they've not done very well against us since they've come up.

We always lose at Watford and I expect Burnley to turn us over. Fulham, anything other than 3 points is shocking but you wouldn't put it past us.

I think we'll win at Huddersfield though, they're out of their depth, that could well be the game that sends them down.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived