talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 6-0 Chelsea - Sunday 10th February, 2019

football forum

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Not true mate, he was on an extra 30k a week at Liverpool when  he signed, biggest merc in England

Milner Disappoints as Liverpool’s Stand-In Captain and Highest Paid Player So far, to say Milner hasn't lived up to those expectations—not to mention that £150k per week salary https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-news-coverage/2015/10/26/9614768/james-milner-captain-highest-paid-liverpool-player-failed-expectations

Highly doubt he wasn’t on more when he was with you.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After we conceded so early on from a pub side defending i knew things would be bad but not this bad. The second was a really good goal by Aguero i think he insulted his family somewhere down the road he hates us. The third is the one that pissed me the most, it was more gifted than the opener. The fourth was as bad, no one blocking the shot and maybe Kepa could have done more there. Clear pen for 5-0 and the sixth was just coming. Worst Premiership defeat conceded twelve in our last three i woke up this morning and Sarri is still here incredible. Doubt we will bounce back as we have no plan B after we concede, we have no plan B after a teams defends deep etc. Alonso and Barkley were just terrible, but none were good and took a good drubbing. Happy Blue must be delighted to avenge our 6-0 win in the 2008. Our fixture list suggests things not to be easier in this month, with Sarri not being sacked yet i fully expect it to happen in February.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, True Blue said:

After we conceded so early on from a pub side defending i knew things would be bad but not this bad. The second was a really good goal by Aguero i think he insulted his family somewhere down the road he hates us. The third is the one that pissed me the most, it was more gifted than the opener. The fourth was as bad, no one blocking the shot and maybe Kepa could have done more there. Clear pen for 5-0 and the sixth was just coming. Worst Premiership defeat conceded twelve in our last three i woke up this morning and Sarri is still here incredible. Doubt we will bounce back as we have no plan B after we concede, we have no plan B after a teams defends deep etc. Alonso and Barkley were just terrible, but none were good and took a good drubbing. Happy Blue must be delighted to avenge our 6-0 win in the 2008. Our fixture list suggests things not to be easier in this month, with Sarri not being sacked yet i fully expect it to happen in February.

Don’t worry you have Dr Tottenham in a few weeks, if anything will paper over the cracks it’s the annual win at the Bridge against us. Only one the players can get themselves up for 

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Don’t worry you have Dr Tottenham in a few weeks, if anything will paper over the cracks it’s the annual win at the Bridge against us. Only one the players can get themselves up for 

Doubt it mate, i fully expect us to lose or draw that game. Plus before that we could be out of the Fa Cup and with a final lost. Won't be really on high confidence.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Doubt it mate, i fully expect us to lose or draw that game. Plus before that we could be out of the Fa Cup and with a final lost. Won't be really on high confidence.

Doesn’t matter, you can be having the worst season and the players still manage to raise themselves for Tottenham. 

We just need to hope Harry is back and Dele too, he loves a goal against Chelsea 

6 minutes ago, Storts said:

Doesn’t matter, you can be having the worst season and the players still manage to raise themselves for Tottenham. 

We just need to hope Harry is back and Dele too, he loves a goal against Chelsea 

They both do the cunts

1 hour ago, Harry said:

You guys honestly think Sarri should go? He's a quality manager with quite a different vision to what Conte had before, surely give him time to implement his vision...

I doesn't matter what we think, It's a tradition now that any manager that is not reaching the levels required gets binned... that is the reality of Chelsea

I think Sarri is ok myself although I would say that he has recently been getting at the players a bit and making it public about their mentality and inability to buy into his style of play which is a sure sign of trouble ahead, also the danger is that although his football style is attractive to watch when it works well you can't just keep going with the same old thing regardless.. If he can't change tactics to suit the opponent then we end up getting smashed like we did yesterday.. Attractive football with no end product gets us nowhere.. 

We are a very expensive side playing average mid table football with the odd occasion where we look better than we are... These dips are alarmingly regular now.. we have a good season then slump really badly... 

9 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

It's silly to sack him tbh, look at Peps 1st season in England, now he's the greatest manager ever lived again  ..the man needs time to bring his own players in

Is he, though?

Given his failure to even get you to a Champs league final, leave aside winning one.

It's pretty astonishing that a team including Kante could lose 6-0... that alone implies a need for a change in tactics or formation. 

Still though I'd like to see Roman keep him. He's a good manager and a character. He needs some new players. Give him a chance over the summer. Short termism is Chelsea's biggest limitation.

3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

It's silly to sack him tbh, look at Peps 1st season in England, now he's the greatest manager ever lived again  ..the man needs time to bring his own players in

For us it'll be longer. 

City's players were already used to attacking football under Pellegrini. The majority of ours were under the influence of two conservative managers. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

I genuinely believe Chelsea are in danger of falling well off the other top six sides. I'd argue they already have behind Manchester City and Liverpool, Manchester United obviously looking like they're getting their act together somewhat (although I'm not totally sold), Tottenham look streets ahead of them as a team and Arsenal, at the minute you would have to say probably edge them and that's some indictment on Chelsea really because Arsenal are only just beginning to sort their mess out.

I get the feeling for years you have had fundamental issues that were masked by some top players. You've lost most of them and are likely to lose Hazard this summer. If Pulisic is the Hazard replacement then Christ almighty.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

I genuinely believe Chelsea are in danger of falling well off the other top six sides. I'd argue they already have behind Manchester City and Liverpool, Manchester United obviously looking like they're getting their act together somewhat (although I'm not totally sold), Tottenham look streets ahead of them as a team and Arsenal, at the minute you would have to say probably edge them and that's some indictment on Chelsea really because Arsenal are only just beginning to sort their mess out.

I get the feeling for years you have had fundamental issues that were masked by some top players. You've lost most of them and are likely to lose Hazard this summer. If Pulisic is the Hazard replacement then Christ almighty.

Don't think we could fall further than sixth this term or in the future. Think Everton or Leicester could be contending for the top six, but our financial backing is still superior and i doubt it will be gone anytime soon. Even if Roman does leave i think he would be replaced by someone equally wealthy. However i do agree that the club even tough successful isn't going the right way.

10 hours ago, Dan said:

As bad as they were on Sunday, as a team they are still streets ahead of anybody below sixth. Would take a couple of monumentally shit transfer windows (where they lose all key players) for them to drop further. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Rick said:

As bad as they were on Sunday, as a team they are still streets ahead of anybody below sixth. Would take a couple of monumentally shit transfer windows (where they lose all key players) for them to drop further. 

They are at the minute, and it's not beyond being saved, but I think it'll be a long time before they win a league title again or make it far into the Champions League - or even qualify at this rate. I get the feeling that Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United in-particular will pull away from them.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, True Blue said:

Don't think we could fall further than sixth this term or in the future. Think Everton or Leicester could be contending for the top six, but our financial backing is still superior and i doubt it will be gone anytime soon. Even if Roman does leave i think he would be replaced by someone equally wealthy. However i do agree that the club even tough successful isn't going the right way.

I'd throw Wolves into that as well. They have proven themselves to be decent at this level in just their first year up, and are quite clearly prepared to spend too.

23 hours ago, Rick said:

If they lost hazard and don't replace well I'd see them being of a quality that they could be surpassed on occasion by a less prominent team having an unusually great year.

Archived