The better place to talk football.

Man City 6-0 Chelsea - Sunday 10th February, 2019

football forum

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
15 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

On the other hand, it's less than two weeks since Man City lost to Newcastle. Liverpool stuttered in two games but avoided defeat and then got back to winning ways by battering Bournemouth

Fair enough but remember that two draws is more damaging than one defeat in terms of points dropped. I think that Liverpool's slip against Leicester may be telling in the end though. Had the opportunity to go 7 points clear, missed it and lost top spot within a week albeit as much due to scheduling as actual results.

The timing is horrible for Liverpool as regardless of how well you can rationalise it, it's a big psychological swing. United will be dying to hurt you lot next weekend and come into the game with loads of momentum, worst possible time you could be going to Old Trafford. Doesn't mean to say you won't win that game or the title but things look tougher for Liverpool now than they have at any point all season and seeing City blow away Chelsea by 6 or more goals only piles the pressure on Liverpool more.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Fair enough but remember that two draws is more damaging than one defeat in terms of points dropped. I think that Liverpool's slip against Leicester may be telling in the end though. Had the opportunity to go 7 points clear, missed it and lost top spot within a week albeit as much due to scheduling as actual results.

The timing is horrible for Liverpool as regardless of how well you can rationalise it, it's a big psychological swing. United will be dying to hurt you lot next weekend and come into the game with loads of momentum, worst possible time you could be going to Old Trafford. Doesn't mean to say you won't win that game or the title but things look tougher for Liverpool now than they have at any point all season and seeing City blow away Chelsea by 6 or more goals only piles the pressure on Liverpool more.

They're a great side no doubt. They're just not as great as last season or people are trying to make them out to be and certainly aren't winning every league game remaining.

Petty from Sarri not shaking Pep's hand. 

No idea how this lot can look at themselves in the mirror after this. 

No doubt these ungrateful twats are still here whilst Sarri is sacked in the morning. 

Managers come and go, yet this same group of players remain. 

The board needs a good and honest look at what they are doing and what they are going to do. 

8 minutes ago, José said:

Most expensive GK and defender, world class cheerleader/crowd motivator, and the best front three and pep even ease of the pedal to give Liverpool some room for error to make the race interesting. Sugar coat it all you want, but if klopp fails this season, he has to go unless you and the rest of the fans have come complacent with playing great football with very little end product, TROPHIES. 

:rofl:fuck me xD

Strangely I am totally lacking any emotion over this... not annoyance, disappointment or any of the normal symptoms, I feel as though I have watched this from a heartless empty shell of a body.. I feel nothing

What has this club done to me.. or is it football in general?? I will probably mull it over in the back of my mind throughout the evening until I become distracted by more useful pursuits.. 

52 minutes ago, Cicero said:

May I remind the viewers that we have had 7 days rest and City only 3. 

First goal killed us mentally (Cheers Alonso). And we are already dealing with a mentally weak group. 

I wouldn't call your lot mentally weak. They simply don't care. 

With the constant sacking of managers, they know that they don't have to face the consequences. The manager will be kicked out instead. They are rarely held accountable for their performances. Now it's become a culture. If a manager becomes strict, they simply give up. 

If the owner/people who make decisions really care about the club, then they will back the manager. Give him the authority to straighten out these players and sell a couple of non-performing ones.

• The title was changed to Man City 6-0 Chelsea - Sunday 10th February, 2019
1 minute ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I wouldn't call your lot mentally weak. They simply don't care. 

With the constant sacking of managers, they know that they don't have to face the consequences. The manager will be kicked out instead. They are rarely held accountable for their performances. Now it's become a culture. If a manager becomes strict, they simply give up. 

If the owner/people who make decisions really care about the club, then they will back the manager. Give him the authority to straighten out these players and sell a couple of non-performing ones.

Top post mate. 

9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Good to see Arsenal fans happy at getting into 5th off the back of our days hard graft.... 

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Not sure mate... when he calls me later because he always does after a heavy defeat to go over tactics and what not I will ask him... 

Nice to see you're in such a salty mood. No one's really even started taking the piss yet. xD

39 minutes ago, José said:

You are too thick to understand that although Gonzalo has great skills for a fat boy, if it was a do or die game, any top manager would pick several strikers of this generation before higuain. 

Aguero

Zlatan

Costa

Eto'o 

Suarez

Drogba

Berbatov

Rooney

Kane

And even Palermo would make that list. 

Those players above are all more clinical than Mr MIA during big matches Higuain. 

FYI Sterling has two more goals than Gonzalo now :ay:

No, they wouldn't, most top managers actually have at least half a brain unlike you, and they would acknowledge he's better than most of them and therefore also pick him ahead of them. To give an actual real example of such a situation instead of just blabbering shit like you always do, Higuain was picked ahead of Aguero, Tevez and Milito the vast majority of times when they played for Argentina by several managers.

Berbatov, Rooney, Costa, Palermo? xD, god, computers should perform some kind of IQ test on people before allowing them to use them to prevent such ignorant, delusional and idiotic bullshit to be made public. None of those three not either the majority of all of them have been more clinical or prolific than Higuain overall in their careers, and i can back this with actual, factual stats, not just on a baseless, nonsensical and worthless opinion like yourself. And obviously Higuain has had a better goal per match and per minute ratio than the vast majority of these through their careers, and in two of the best 5 leagues in the world.

You're just a lowest of the low gloryhunter of Madrid, UTD, Pogba, Mourinho and CRJIZZ so i don't really expect such a vermin to be able to reason with some degree of intelligence, but hey, some idiots can actually, albeit slowly, learn, so here's hoping.

5 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I wouldn't call your lot mentally weak. They simply don't care

You do get the impression that because a decent title challenge has faded that the effort is no longer there... Almost as if they have given up trying to compete on any level.. They either have a good game or a bad one and as you say with no consequence.. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived