talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 6-0 Chelsea - Sunday 10th February, 2019

football forum

Just now, Cannabis said:

You can tell a mile away that Hazard's gone too.

I would too when you have Alonso and Barkley sharing your side. 

Tonight and the league table is a perfect reflection on how this club is run. 

Shambles. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, José said:

:4_joy: talk about shooting yourself in the foot. We all know but please remind us how did that work out for Argentina and those managers? 

Both of the big clubs(Juventus and RM) that fell for the same bullshit you keep spouting, said hell no to the cancer and offload it to a lesser team. Juventus-----

Napoli------

Current AC Milan/chelsea-------

That's not the type of moves a world class striker would make.               

He has a pretty good goal per match ratio for our NT, much, much better than Tevez's for example and better than the vast majority of strikers who played a decent amount of matches for their NT, and when Higuain was called for the first time we weren't scoring at all playing with Aguero, Tevez and Messi, it was only when he was given the starting shirt that we started to score the goals these couldn't. Going by that flawed logic the same can be said about Pogba, Juventus - UTD, that's not the type of moves a world class midfielder would make... as i said you're not the brightest bulb so i'll probably have to repeat myself on this in the not so distant future, it's the least i can speak given the kind of person i'm talking to.

28 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This match shows the difference between well motivated mercenaries and mercenaries that don’t give a fuck.

I always think it is a bit naïve to think players don't care. I mean you don't get to their level without being hard working. I doubt they go into a match thinking we don't care if we loose. I think when morale is low and the manager is unpopular it would be hard for anyone to perform at their best

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I always think it is a bit naïve to think players don't care. I mean you don't get to their level without being hard working. I doubt they go into a match thinking we don't care if we loose. I think when morale is low and the manager is unpopular it would be hard for anyone to perform at their best

It's a mentality issue. We saw it with Mourinho in his last season. We saw it under Conte and we are now seeing it with Sarri. It's the same players as well. 

We approach every big game not matching the intensity of our opposition. This current group is also not known for a comeback, so if we start poorly, you can safely assume we aren't getting back in it.  Spurs away. You lot away. And now City away. 

Just googled “Sarriball” because I genuinely don’t have a clue what it is and I can’t decipher what it is when I’ve seen Chelsea this season. 

Just read a pretty long article about what it is from an Italian journalist who penned it before a ball was kicked this season and there’s literally no similarities between the “Sarrisimo” that was successful at Napoli and what Chelsea are offering up. 

Can’t see that this can be turned around by Sarri, Chelsea aren’t notorious for giving managers time as it is, though I would be shocked to see it done before the League Cup Final. 

5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

They know that if they play poorly they’re pretty safe while they get a new manager. The manager is unpopular with them so he’s got the impossible task of motivating them enough to where they don’t down tools and get another manager. But that’s the culture that’s been established there - that’s how they do things there. I think the writing is on the wall for Sarri

10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Dont really think so, mate.

As a player, if you are used to winning trophies, and then you realize, you arent going to win any, you tend to say, screw this. What difference does it make if we finish 5th or 7th or 9th.

You can clearly make out that Chelsea doesnt give a fuck about Europa League, and they are way too far back to make it tot he Champions League.

There is no hunger, nothing to fight for, and its the manager to blame, as he's not been able to motivate them enough. Too late, for this season, so thats why I'd say keep Sarri till the end of the season, and get a new manager at the start of the next one.

45 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This match shows the difference between well motivated mercenaries and mercenaries that don’t give a fuck.

ALL City players have City Pj's and bedspreads with Pep on   ..if you want to see a merc, look at James "show me the money" Milner  ..for an extra 2k he will even do a little dance when scoring against former clubs

1 minute ago, José said:

Just stop it hijo mio! Pogba to Man Utd from Juventus is nothing like Higuain to Chelsea from AC Milan. All this bullshit you spout is great work, it takes away the spotlight from el puto gordo failing when the pressure is on. Great goal ratio but when it counts, he goes ghost. 

It's exactly the same in the sense you meant it hijito mio. Going from a big team to a smaller one in present times. As i said countless times, when a striker doesn't score many times it's not their fault, if they don't actually get the ball in good positions it's the team's and the midfielders's fault, not theirs for not scoring.

23 minutes ago, AMG said:

Dont really think so, mate.

As a player, if you are used to winning trophies, and then you realize, you arent going to win any, you tend to say, screw this. What difference does it make if we finish 5th or 7th or 9th.

You can clearly make out that Chelsea doesnt give a fuck about Europa League, and they are way too far back to make it tot he Champions League.

There is no hunger, nothing to fight for, and its the manager to blame, as he's not been able to motivate them enough. Too late, for this season, so thats why I'd say keep Sarri till the end of the season, and get a new manager at the start of the next one.

I know what you mean but as professional footballers I think it is unlikely they don't care. At the same time though when you word it like that if they don't care can we really blame them?

6 minutes ago, José said:

Since you are an expert when it comes to Gonzalo, may you clarify what lead to his departure from Juventus? Pogba and Man utd are a perfect match when it comes to generating cash, I hate that's the priority, but it doesn't make any sense that BOTH Juventus and rm got rid of the best world striker and offload it to a smaller fish, doesnt it work the opposite way? If kane or Lewandowski was to leave this summer, there is only three elite teams with a chance and that's RM, Man Utd, or Barcelona.... 

What?? What about man city' Juventus, Kane to beyern could happen

1 minute ago, José said:

Since you are an expert when it comes to Gonzalo, may you clarify what lead to his departure from Juventus? Pogba and Man utd are a perfect match when it comes to generating cash, I hate that's the priority, but it doesn't make any sense that BOTH Juventus and rm got rid of the best world striker and offload it to a smaller fish, doesnt it work the opposite way? If kane or Lewandowski was to leave this summer, there is only three elite teams with a chance and that's RM, Man Utd, or Barcelona.... 

They bought Ronaldo which is a huge marketing purchase such as Pogba like you said, and Higuain was the biggest earner, not only there but in the whole Serie A, and he's 31. Juventus couldn't keep him now they had Ronaldo, as i said they're not as rich as say Madrid or UTD. Higuain wanted to leave Madrid, just as Robben and Sneijder for example did, and he said it publicly.

57 minutes ago, José said:

I'm sorry, but did you just say man U bought pogba for marketing reasons?

There are far more marketable players than Pogba.

With a chance of........................?

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

ALL City players have City Pj's and bedspreads with Pep on   ..if you want to see a merc, look at James "show me the money" Milner  ..for an extra 2k he will even do a little dance when scoring against former clubs

He’s on less money than he was with yoxD

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’s on less money than he was with yoxD

Not true mate, he was on an extra 30k a week at Liverpool when  he signed, biggest merc in England

Milner Disappoints as Liverpool’s Stand-In Captain and Highest Paid Player So far, to say Milner hasn't lived up to those expectations—not to mention that £150k per week salary https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-news-coverage/2015/10/26/9614768/james-milner-captain-highest-paid-liverpool-player-failed-expectations

• The topic was unpinned

Archived