talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wolves 1-1 Newcastle - Monday 11th February, 2019

football forum

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, Almiron looked alright. It's just good to see him on the pitch, having a few chances to run and show his speed. Almost as important, it gave me goosebumps hearing the Toon Army give him such a warm reception. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Surely putting you arms on the shoulder of the goalie while he's trying to catch the ball is a foul..? 

No chance that was a foul. Boly just stood his ground there. Shocking cross, shocking keeping really.

This was the first Newcastle game I've watched this season, and one of the first games i'd bothered to watch between 2 of the less fancied teams. And fuck me both teams suck. Newcastle have 1 plan, and inviting so much pressure all the time I'm not surprised they concede late so often in games. Wolverhamptons strategy to combat being given no room up front or in the middle was to bring on a bunch of fast donkeysxD Cue a montage of fast little prtuguese dudes being led down blind alleys and losing the ball 1st touch. How tactically inept can you get? So fucking bad or is the Wolves bench genuinely just loaded with 6 little pacey dudes and a goalkeeper?

So apart from the fact that his name is Longstaff that particular player was the only bright spot for me. Intelligent and composed. 

20 minutes ago, Eco said:

You knew it was coming...

But what did you think of Almiron? Only 15 or so minutes, plus still curious. 

Bro, too soon to tell much. He looked quick, and I believe he did well once to retain possession for his side, and played a ball into the box. But fuck man, ease up. After 3 or 4 games we can start to form opinions, not 3 or 4 touches. 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Bro, too soon to tell much. He looked quick, and I believe he did well once to retain possession for his side, and played a ball into the box. But fuck man, ease up. After 3 or 4 games we can start to form opinions, not 3 or 4 touches. 

I think Newcastle fans may have a slight difference of opinion. They have been wanting Ashley to spend money, and it took Rafa standing up to him for Ashley to deliver the funds. 

It's a big time for Atlanta, the MLS, and quite honestly, Newcastle. Hell, I've never been able to cheer for one particular EPL team, but I got really excited about the match today. 

Not seen the incident but read Benitez’s bizarre comments. Goalkeepers are most certainly a protected species in this country, often overly protected and often, overly awarded fouls. 

As for that game, it’s now a two way shoot out for 7th for me between Wolves and Watford. Everton, West Ham and Bournemouth are too inconsistent. 

How can anyone say that's not a foul? The player clearly has his hands clasped on his face and neck. It's not a shoulder to shoulder or even a push(which is deemed a foul). 

Yes, the goalkeeper should have punched it, but that shouldn't be an argument against a clear foul. Do we tell an outfield player to simply jump over a foul tackle or play his way around it? 

Goalkeepers are over protected, but that was a clear foul. VAR would have cancelled that goal. 

7 hours ago, Eco said:

You knew it was coming...

But what did you think of Almiron? Only 15 or so minutes, plus still curious. 

Looked very promising. His energy and desire is exciting compared to what we've got and the flair french players we've seen debuted in the not to distant past. 

• The title was changed to Wolves 1-1 Newcastle - Monday 11th February, 2019

x

10 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Not seen the incident but read Benitez’s bizarre comments. Goalkeepers are most certainly a protected species in this country, often overly protected and often, overly awarded fouls. 

As for that game, it’s now a two way shoot out for 7th for me between Wolves and Watford. Everton, West Ham and Bournemouth are too inconsistent. 

No Everton dig?

Great result for everton, partying on the streets last night. Rafa Benitez is pissed off and he used to manage Liverpool :ph34r:

Newcastle did well and it should've been a foul on Dubravka. I think Newcastle will be alright, they aren't great but there are 3 worse teams. Longstaff very good again.

• 2 weeks later...

No foul on Dubravka it's a contact sport keepers are over protected the ball had gone past him to. He should have punched the ball clear but he's been brilliant for us in the main since he signed for us. I'm gutted we threw it away In the last minute but it was a fair reflection on the game and a point at Wolves is a good result. The ref was right to play on to. A minimum of 4 minutes Newcastle made a sub and we start playing with the ball in play until the 91st minute that's why he played over the 94th minute. Hopefully we will now beat Huddersfield and Burnley at home tough games but we have to be looking at 6 points from them 2 matches.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived