talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NBA

football forum

1 minute ago, Grizzly21 said:

I've lived in Toronto 12 years, I'm just moving back. Not sure if that was clear.

Yeah - I keep thinking you lived/moving back to the Vancouver area. 

Toronto is an amazing city, absolutely love it up there. 

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Don't see it happening today. We just look flat. No 3 pointers are going our way.

Much better 4th quarter.

Still behind as it stands, but Golden State haven't been as good this second half as they were in the first.

Kawhi playing like playoff Lebron. He's done nothing today until the 4th quarter, where he's going to win the whole thing for Toronto.

Arghhh frustrating end. Terrible between the 3rd to 1st minute, and what could have been the fairy tale ending for Toronto, now goes to game 6.

I'm really concerned about the bottle job now.

13 minutes ago, José said:

James is far from that. :S if he was only a fourth quarter , no way his last Cleveland team that reach the final would of made it that far. Wade was clutch for Miami but it was always lebron who was the best player throughout the playoffs. 

Toronto came up short. This was their chance, now the warriors have the momentum and I believe they will complete the comeback. 2 more games to go.

I was more talking about Lebron's clutch moments. The "he did nothing all game" was more aimed at Kawhi.

Still hasn't sunk in that we are NBA champions.

Ironic that Pierce saw it coming too, after talking smack with Brooklyn and Washington in those series in 2014 and 2015 respectively! xD

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Congrats to the Raptors. 

Kawhi is the man...absolutely love him. 

He will probably leave though sadly. He's the star behind this win of course though.

I'm happy one of the Raptors from the 2014 playoffs survived though. Kyle Lowry is a legend.

DeMar, Patterson, Ross, and Valanciunas have all gone so it's good that one stayed, and my favourite one too. The one I have on the back of my shirt :D 

Just now, José said:

I dont see Kawhi leaving. He is the face of the franchise and if he stays, he will be know as the best player of all time for Toronto 

I hope you're right, but I think he wanted to leave.

One thing that is annoying me, as happy as I am, is that people are calling this "Toronto's first MAJOR title in 26 years".

I guess Toronto FC or the Argos don't count then...

Just now, Grizzly21 said:

One thing that is annoying me, as happy as I am, is that people are calling this "Toronto's first MAJOR title in 26 years".

I guess Toronto FC or the Argos don't count then...

Argos certainly don't count, and MLS gets zero love as it's not one of the big 4 major team sports. 

Just now, Eco said:

Argos certainly don't count, and MLS gets zero love as it's not one of the big 4 major team sports. 

Argos should count. CFL is huge out west, if we were out there this would count. The only counter argument against it is that it's based in a Canadian league and not American.

I agree on the MLS, but it does get annoying how people are ignoring them just because it's not one of the big sports.

Just now, Grizzly21 said:

Argos should count. CFL is huge out west, if we were out there this would count. The only counter argument against it is that it's based in a Canadian league and not American.

I agree on the MLS, but it does get annoying how people are ignoring them just because it's not one of the big sports.

Who is saying this though? If it's TSN, then I understand the gripe, if it's ESPN, then it's because the CFL isn't popular at ALL here. 

Even worse really if it's ESPN as they have the MLS rights, but when the Blues won the Stanley Cup and the had a montage of all this past years champions (Patriots, Clemson, Virginia, Red Sox, Golden State, and then nothing). No Atlanta United. 

Just now, Eco said:

Who is saying this though? If it's TSN, then I understand the gripe, if it's ESPN, then it's because the CFL isn't popular at ALL here. 

Even worse really if it's ESPN as they have the MLS rights, but when the Blues won the Stanley Cup and the had a montage of all this past years champions (Patriots, Clemson, Virginia, Red Sox, Golden State, and then nothing). No Atlanta United. 

TSN said it if I remember correctly, but people on Twitter are also saying this, probably due to what TV said.

CFL has no reason to be popular there, it's not even popular in Ontario but it is in the praerie and western provinces of Canada, so Argos should theoritically count here, but it doesn't, nor does TFC because it's not popular.

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

I'm not really a Basketball fan but what the fuck is this...a 7ft 5 inc Basketball player!! bloody hell the height of the loop is 10 feet from the ground, all he has to do is stand there and put the ball in the hoop with his hand. xD

The top of the hoop is 10 feet (305 cm) above the ground.

466107377_download(1).png.93dca31290123b1e672d0346e6d20b72.png

Quote.thumb.png.8edcebcfdcb236657ee8a0408009c6fc.png

Tacko Fall: Boston Celtics centre hoping to become tallest active NBA player bids for success in a debut season

_109091926_hkbk.jpg

Tacko Fall only stepped on to a basketball court seven years ago - but the imposing 7ft 5in Senegalese is now hoping to become the tallest active player in the NBA.

Two and a half inches shorter than retired Romanian player Gheorghe Mureșan - the NBA's tallest ever player - 23-year-old Fall is battling to make the Boston Celtics' 15-man roster for the upcoming season after signing for the franchise in the summer.

The Celtics decided to move for Fall after he recorded the highest marks ever for wingspan (8ft 2.25in), standing reach (10ft 2.5in) and height with shoes (7ft 7in) at the NBA Draft Combine earlier this year.

Born in Dakar in 1995, Fall moved to the United States aged 16 - when he already stood at 7ft tall - and went on to play college basketball for the University of Central Florida.

His final game for the UCF Knights game against the Duke Blue Devils in an NCAA Tournament second-round clash, where he held his own against Zion Williamson, the New Orleans Pelicans star who was first picked in the 2019 NBA Draft.

"It's a dream come true. I started basketball when I was 16, a bit late," the centre told BBC Sport Africa's Babacar Diarra.

"When I went to the US, I had many opportunities there. Many people helped me continue developing especially at the University of Central Florida."

FULL REPORT

Quote.png

• The title was changed to NBA

Archived