The better place to talk football.

NBA

football forum

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

And people continue to not give pippen the credit he deserves.

Anyways.

NBA Champions Golden State unanimously decide they will not be visiting White House

How significant is this? Protest against Trump?

• 3 weeks later...
football forum

nba.png

150414_EYE_Emblemetric3.jpg.CROP.origina

The 2017–18 NBA season will be the 72nd season of the National Basketball Association. The regular season will begin on October 20, 2017, with the 2017 NBA champion Golden State Warriors hosting a game against an opponent to be determined at Oracle Arena in Oakland. Christmas Day games will be played on Monday, December 25, 2017. The 2018 NBA All-Star Game will be played on February 18, 2018, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. The regular season will end on April 11, 2018 and the playoffs will begin on April 14, 2018.

So, who's excited for the new season then? I'm looking forward to it myself as I started getting back into this sport towards the back end of the 2016/17 season. Hopefully one of the franchises can close the gap on Golden State who look unbeatable at the moment.

• 1 month later...

I'm originally from the Boston area and have family there. At first glance it would appear that the Cavs got the better deal. But here's the thing: Irving was very much the unheralded MVP of Cleveland.

The city of Boston and the state of MA has a way of making champions out of local teams. We're fanatical about our sports. City of Champions indeed. It may be a season or two before we challenge Golden State but don't be too surprised if the magic of Boston/MA helps win the city and state yet another championship.

4722b11edec9dc9c4f7f20bec2fb20c8--boston-sports-boston-red-sox.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

My home town Atlanta Hawks are trying hard NOT to get the #1 overall pick, but winning games.

Cavs have been the talk of the year, as they just don't look the same and have seriously struggled greatly. Toronto is probably my favorite team to watch this year. I have also watched a few Minnesota games and it's looking like all those high draft picks are finally working out.

Another major talking point is the Ball family, and the fact that their oldest son, Lonzo, can't shoot yet got drafted #3 overall. Lakers are idiots for putting up with him and his family.

• The topic was pinned

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert or anything on the sport, I'm pretty new to it overall, but my fiancé fucking loves it. And the Warriors have been great for the past few years, and as she's from SF, she's fucking loving it. I like watching the Rockets though, even though I'm supposed to be a Golden State fan. But my SD friends tell me I'm supposed to hate the Rockets & Clippers because they fucked off out of SD. The Lakers are probably the most popular team here, and everyone is pretty upset that they're fucking awful.

I know they were good once though because Kobe Bryant is one of those athletes like LeBron James or Michael Jordon, where you don't have to know anything about the sport and you still know who they are.

Toronto and Boston are fun teams to watch as well. 

Been a Spurs fan all my life since I was a teenager because when I was in middle school David Robinson and a young Tim Duncan were on the uprise. I also played this sport during my high school but Im not following this anymore except for an odd playoff game and probably the finals. Its hard to keep up with 82 matches and then the playoffs for me due to family and job. 

• Subscriber

Wiz are just so so frustrating. We have a talented team, Beal, Wall, Porter and Keef are up their with the best of them, but we just play to the oppositions level. We can beat the best, but also lose to the worst. There's no consistency and it just feels like they are not playing hard all the time. 

34 minutes ago, Storts said:

Wiz are just so so frustrating. We have a talented team, Beal, Wall, Porter and Keef are up their with the best of them, but we just play to the oppositions level. We can beat the best, but also lose to the worst. There's no consistency and it just feels like they are not playing hard all the time. 

Sounds like liverpool fc 

• The topic was unpinned
  • 2 months later...
On 4/5/2018 at 18:45, Cannabis said:

Unfortunately not. Out for the season (and playoffs). Confirmed by the Celtics an hour ago.

I know mate. Darn it. Assuming they both get healthy (Hayward and Irving) that'll be one frighteningly talented team next season. Brad Stevens the best coach. They won't win it this year but I'm interested to see just how far a well-coached team can go in the playoffs with loads of injuries.

12 hours ago, Philippe Coutinho said:

I know mate. Darn it. Assuming they both get healthy (Hayward and Irving) that'll be one frighteningly talented team next season. Brad Stevens the best coach. They won't win it this year but I'm interested to see just how far a well-coached team can go in the playoffs with loads of injuries.

Don't forget Daniel Theis ;)

• 1 month later...

I love the NBA, but after the first round most of the games have been miserable. This Conference Finals round is one of the worst in recent memory. No close games. 

27 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Such a tedious final, can't even be bothered to check it out to be honest. 4-1 GS.

Ditto. 

Wish it was Houston vs Boston. Might have been a close match up. 

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's super shite to see the same 2 teams in the finals again. And I say this as someone who is (albeit I don't really have a choice) a Warriors fan.

While it's not ideal...it does have some interesting facets to it.

If LBJ wins, he might be the GOAT considering the team he is on.

Tied at HT in Game 1, Cavs were up by 11 at one point, and GS haven't looked as dominate all year as they typically do. I think GS will win the series, but this could be closer than I originally thought (GS in 5)

• The title was changed to NBA

Archived