talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NBA

football forum

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - this game 7 is such a great game. Wiz have been winning in the 3rd quarter, and then Celtics hit 3 consecutive 3's meaning the Celtics are up by 6 heading into the 4th quarter.

Well, Beal did all he could, but the Wizards fall to the Celtics tonight which means they are out of the playoffs.

I don't like them, but I have to give up to the Wiz, they did very well this series.

• Subscriber

The DC curse is alive and real.

Ugh tough loss - frustrating because we are a better team than the Celtics, but DC sports will be DC Sports. John Wall went cold right at the crucial time, fair play to Bradley though, played lights out after the first quarter 

3 hours ago, Storts said:

The DC curse is alive and real.

Ugh tough loss - frustrating because we are a better team than the Celtics, but DC sports will be DC Sports. John Wall went cold right at the crucial time, fair play to Bradley though, played lights out after the first quarter 

To be fair, it was Beal vs the Celtics in the second half.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, ATL said:

To be fair, it was Beal vs the Celtics in the second half.

Yeah, but letting someone like Olynyk have their career game is soooooo DC xD

I have been following Spurs since my early teenage years but I cant think of one series in playoffs where they were swept by the opponent and looks like that might happen now against the GSW. 

So Spurs have been swept by the Warriors, I dont think having Leonard might have changed the outcome of the series but they might have atleast won 2 games or even maybe 3. Hoping they would come back a lot stronger next year. 

Its going to be a repeat of last year finals with Warriors vs Cavs but I wish Celtics win the championship now instead. 

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Don't get how anyone can be sad to see spurs out. 

Haven't missed the playoffs in decades. I'm so sick of therm.

Because they are a very well run organisation and they win without any flashy play and media limelight?

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Finals start tomorrow chaps, Golden State against the Cavaliers. Who is everyone backing?

I'm going Cavs. Lebron will turn up again.

30 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Finals start tomorrow chaps, Golden State against the Cavaliers. Who is everyone backing?

Ha, has to be the Warriors. Should have won last year, but Green's suspension really did mess up the series.

This time, it's the same two teams, except the more talented team also added Durant.

Warriors lose this, they will be referred to a bunch of chokers over the past 2 years.

Dont like both the teams but would prefer Cavs to win it. Cavs are a small town and a smaller franchisee and moreover I cant stand GSW fans, fucking awful lot they are in the Bay Area.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:56 AM, DeadLinesman said:

I can't stand Curry. Or GSW.

I want to like LeBron and the Cavs... but my girlfriend is from SF and doesn't really give too many fucks about sports other than the 49ers and the Warriors, so I have been forced to be a Warriors fan - and thus I feel like I am compelled to hate LeBron.

The Warriors are looking fucking goooooood though.

On 6/5/2017 at 6:11 PM, Harry said:

Cleveland aren't really that likeable from a neutrals perspective imo.

Lebron is hard to like as a neutral.

MJ always this thing about him that made you know that he believed he was the best.

LB comes off as child. I can't pinpoint it, but he just comes off as more of a complainer than the truly dominate athlete that he is.

MJ was just as arrogant as Lebron, if not more so. MJ revolutionised the game in such a feat that any other player after him will always be deemed inferior, just like for every other sport.  There is an underlying issue with that as it clouds people's judgement. Like those who think Pele was better than Messi. 

Every team Lebron has been on, he has taken them to the finals. Of which he has been the best player on his team in those finals.  In total, he could have had 7 rings.  

If you don't think he is anything other than a truly dominate athlete, you are letting bias get the better of you. 

MJ was more than an athlete. He was like a cross between Lebron and Elvis.

Amazing athlete,  but looked cooler doing it than anyone you'd ever seen before. He was a cultural icon not just a player, and the public face of a great era of American sport.

23 hours ago, Cicero said:

MJ was just as arrogant as Lebron, if not more so. MJ revolutionised the game in such a feat that any other player after him will always be deemed inferior, just like for every other sport.  There is an underlying issue with that as it clouds people's judgement. Like those who think Pele was better than Messi. 

Every team Lebron has been on, he has taken them to the finals. Of which he has been the best player on his team in those finals.  In total, he could have had 7 rings.  

If you don't think he is anything other than a truly dominate athlete, you are letting bias get the better of you. 

Completely agree. Not just that but players have followed him to certain teams.

I don't know if I'd say he's better than Jordan, but he sure as hell is in the top 3 of all time.

23 hours ago, Cicero said:

No doubt. But Michael won 6 rings, all of which he was the Finals MVP, and really revolutionized the game back when players played defense. All of this without losing a final and was clutch as hell when the Bulls needed him.

MJ is still the GOAT.

• The title was changed to NBA
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived