The better place to talk football.

NBA

football forum

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Not sure if true as only saw a glimpse of the story, but apparently an NBA rep, in a show of cockiness/arrogance, went around a press conference touching all the mics to downplay the virus and as if it shirk the seriousness of it all.

Turns out he now has the virus.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.7aaee2915578ec23143957c73c6c4972.png

The Last Dance: Scottie Pippen 'beyond livid' with Michael Jordan over documentary, says radio host

SLIDES - 1/3

BB14srLC.img?h=533&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

NBA legend Scottie Pippen is reported "beyond livid" with former Chicago Bulls teammate Michael Jordan over his portrayal in smash-hit series The Last Dance.

The ESPN documentary tells the story of the Bulls teams which, led by Jordan, won six NBA Championships in eight years during the 1990s.

NBA Hall of Famer Pippen is one of only two other members of the side to have been present in all six title wins and was regarded as Jordan’s most important right-hand-man throughout his career.

One of the greatest players in the history of the game in his own right, Pippen was also at times a controversial character, and the series picks out several moments for scrutiny.

Jordan – who maintained editorial control over the series – called Pippen’s decision to delay foot surgery at the start of the 1997/98 season “selfish”, while a separate episode retold the story of Pippen’s refusal to leave the bench during a 1994 playoff game over a disagreement about who would take the last shot.

Chicago radio host David Kaplan said on his ESPN 1000 show: "[Pippen is] so angry at Michael and how he was portrayed, called selfish, called this, called that, that he is furious that he participated and did not realise what he was getting himself into.

The final episode of the series focused on the 1998 Finals series against the Utah Jazz, showed Pippen in a more positive light as he battled through crippling back pain to stay on the court during Game 6.

"[Pippen] felt like up until the last few minutes of Game 6 against the Jazz [in the 1998 NBA finals, during the series' last episode], it was just 'bash Scottie, bash Scottie, bash Scottie'," Kaplan added.

Pippen is not the only former Bull apparently unhappy with the series, with Horace Grant having accused Jordan of holding a grudge over his portrayal.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/basketball/the-last-dance-scottie-pippen-beyond-livid-with-michael-jordan-over-documentary-says-radio-host/ar-BB14sBZa?li=AAnZ9Ug

• 3 months later...

Have been getting into NBA this year, my interest came about during the suspension mainly through my friends who have always been fond of it. Started watching the restart in the bubble and have been a big fan so far. 

What I'm an even bigger fan of is the activity, or lack thereof going on tonight. Milwaukee decide to boycott their Game 5 against the Orlando in lieu of the Jacob Blake shooting in Wisconsin. Absolutely maximum respect to those involved in the decision for carrying the idea out, hopefully it leads to more teams following them.

10 minutes ago, Eco said:

Are you liking any team in particular? 

In terms of a team to support? I went with the Magic. My friend with the biggest interest in the NBA is an OKC fan, so he was able to point me in the direction of teams not to support (i.e. just the Lakers, Warriors or Clippers) and I figured Orlando had the nicest jerseys.

In terms of a current prediction to win? Depending on whether or not it actually continues, I've always stuck with a Clippers/Raptors final this year. I think the Clippers match up pretty well with near enough everybody out west, and then you add on the Kawhi factor, and then (maybe) Paul George finding his rhythm and I don't see anyone beating them over 7 games. As for the Raptors, I'm just a big fan of how well balanced and cohesive they are, plus I think Nick Nurse is an outstanding coach. 

What about yourself?

I'm from Atlanta, so I'm a die hard Hawks fan. We have a great group of young talent, and if you're new to the NBA, then know that we could of had Donic, but we moved back in the draft and got Trea Young, Hunter, and Herbert, so all in all, a win-win for both teams. 

I will never doubt Lebron, so Lakers to win. 

18 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm from Atlanta, so I'm a die hard Hawks fan. We have a great group of young talent, and if you're new to the NBA, then know that we could of had Donic, but we moved back in the draft and got Trea Young, Hunter, and Herbert, so all in all, a win-win for both teams. 

I will never doubt Lebron, so Lakers to win. 

Ah - the aforementioned friend visited Atlanta last year and was there for the opening game. Got a photograph with the mascot as well. I'm a big fan of the core they have going on, I think if Trae was featuring in the bubble he'd be getting a similar reception to the numbers Luka is putting up. Do you think either of them challenge for an MVP run next season? I could easily see them being in the top 5 conversation.

I feel a similar way to Kawhi in the way you do with LeBron. During the lockdown I grabbed one of the free passes and tried to cram in as much content from the playoffs last year as I could, and he was immense. His performances against Giannis, and in the finals against Golden State had me hooked as a massive fan of his. I think I'd side with the Lakers against anyone from the East. I could see them having success against the Bucks/Raptors etc, I just think the Clippers would be too much over the course of a series.

3 minutes ago, Tepmz said:

Ah - the aforementioned friend visited Atlanta last year and was there for the opening game. Got a photograph with the mascot as well. I'm a big fan of the core they have going on, I think if Trae was featuring in the bubble he'd be getting a similar reception to the numbers Luka is putting up. Do you think either of them challenge for an MVP run next season? I could easily see them being in the top 5 conversation.

I feel a similar way to Kawhi in the way you do with LeBron. During the lockdown I grabbed one of the free passes and tried to cram in as much content from the playoffs last year as I could, and he was immense. His performances against Giannis, and in the finals against Golden State had me hooked as a massive fan of his. I think I'd side with the Lakers against anyone from the East. I could see them having success against the Bucks/Raptors etc, I just think the Clippers would be too much over the course of a series.

Donic yes. Trea is great, and I love him, but he's no Donic and that's okay. I'd rather have Hunter and Herbert AND Trae over just one Luka. 

I think we have the 5th or 6th pick in the draft, so hopefully we can add a key player and make a playoff push. 

• 1 month later...

What a run by Miami Heat, thoroughly enjoyed watching them play this season but Lakers were obviously too powerful for them to overcome. I always liked Jimmy Butler but never thought he would be such a superstar, hope he continues that and Miami adds another piece and win the title soon after the recent heartbreak.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I enjoyed watching this is the bubble, really enjoyed it. I’ve been a follower of NBA for years but didn’t watch many games, or maybe just caught highlights. 

Am I exaggerating saying AD is LeBron’s best ever partner?

I also watched the Last Dance and it’s probably my favourite ever sports documentary to be honest. Definitely top few. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/11/2020 at 05:48, Tommy said:

:o 

Interesting, I really liked Schroder at Atlanta Hawks. Seen him live a few times when they've played Toronto. Lakers just continue to add depth. Impressive what having Lebron does to a team.

I'm watching the NBA regularly again, I used to be a big fan between 2013-2016 before I moved. I did watch the Toronto Raptors title win though and will never forget what Kawhi did for us. Genuine title winning superstar he is.

I watched Memphis Grizzlies last night. I'm surprised how much Valanciunas has improved. When he played for us he was good but we did have to move on eventually as he had stagnated and even had a few scandals involving himself and drunk driving. Glad to see him be the star of another team now though. Always had the quality. @nudge Lithuanian ;).

We play New Orleans today so we better get our act together. 1-3 is not a great start to the season.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I watched Memphis Grizzlies last night. I'm surprised how much Valanciunas has improved. When he played for us he was good but we did have to move on eventually as he had stagnated and even had a few scandals involving himself and drunk driving. Glad to see him be the star of another team now though. Always had the quality. @nudge Lithuanian ;).

I know, haha. Glad to hear he's doing well. It's been a long time I watched basketball myself... 

Just now, nudge said:

I know, haha. Glad to hear he's doing well. It's been a long time I watched basketball myself... 

I loved him when he was at the Raptors. I do agree it was time to move on but thought he was one of the more consistent and effective players on the team. Was a good step forward to getting us back in playoffs. Though, I can't say I prefer him over Marc Gasol :D 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I loved him when he was at the Raptors. I do agree it was time to move on but thought he was one of the more consistent and effective players on the team. Was a good step forward to getting us back in playoffs. Though, I can't say I prefer him over Marc Gasol :D 

Pau Gasol > Marc Gasol :P 

There's another Lithuanian player in NBA, Domantas Sabonis. Looks like he's finally starting to live up to his potential, too. Playing for Pacers, I think? I should probably get into watching NBA again, used to be quite fun. 

I'm surprised James Harden is barely given a go at Houston Rockets. Watching this game vs Sacramento and he just won't enter. Wasn't a starter either. He's had problems with the franchise and he looks overweight. Madness how much he's changed. The Raptors were keen on getting him but it would be a mistake seeing his current state. Massive expectations for little return.

Toronto lost last night. We almost got the win, made a really nice comeback in the 4th quarter but kind of just stopped when we took the lead. As soon as we did we kept missing or turning over the ball. Last night was a complete gift, and New Orleans sweep the season series.

I saw Lakers vs Grizzlies yesterday. Typical performance from a Lebron team in a non-playoff game. Extremely average in the first 3 quarters and a destroying their opposition in the 4th. Cleveland and Miami were the same, though I will at least say Miami had a better marking scheme than this Lakers.

On another note, Steph Curry dropped a career high of 62. I'm actually surprised at that to be honest, I would have thought he had dropped 60 at least once with how good he is at shooting.

• The title was changed to NBA

Archived