talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NBA

football forum

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife's an SF native and a massive Warriors fan who's loved them since they were shit, so she's absolutely loving them once again winning.

Curry's first Finals MVP - which kind of surprised me. Would have thought he'd have at least one before that. Incredible game from him and the Warriors last night to get the job done though.

On 17/06/2022 at 19:45, Dr. Gonzo said:

My wife's an SF native and a massive Warriors fan who's loved them since they were shit, so she's absolutely loving them once again winning.

Curry's first Finals MVP - which kind of surprised me. Would have thought he'd have at least one before that. Incredible game from him and the Warriors last night to get the job done though.

at least they kept Golden State and didn't become the SF Warriors.   As an Oakland A's fan the Dubs provide a tonic on down years.  And when the Dubs were down the A's were the lift.

7 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

at least they kept Golden State and didn't become the SF Warriors.   As an Oakland A's fan the Dubs provide a tonic on down years.  And when the Dubs were down the A's were the lift.

They've historically played on both sides of the Bay - they used to be called the SF warriors back in the day. But they've basically got that whole area supporting them because it's not like the NFL where there was SF on one side of the bay and the Raiders on the other side (well for a while before they left again).

The season they switched the Golden State Warriors, they claimed to be "representing all of California" and played games in Oakland & San Diego - but none in SF or Daly City (where they had also played as the SF Warriors) - but they also switched the logo from the Golden Gate Bridge to the Bay Bridge, which is really when they shifted to being the Bay's team rather than just the city. Then they had a few seasons where they played in SF, Daly City and Oakland - before switching to just playing at Oakland before moving back to San Francisco full time. They were very bad for a very long time but still had good support from the natives, who are all very happy now they've had one of the best sides over the last decade.

On 17/06/2022 at 12:45, Dr. Gonzo said:

I know nothing about basketball but I do know that he is notoriously mediocre in finals. He also wins with the most stacked teams in history. There is too much player collusion in this sport.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I know nothing about basketball but I do know that he is notoriously mediocre in finals. He also wins with the most stacked teams in history. There is too much player collusion in this sport.

Well he's finally had a finals where he's been brilliant the whole way through.

Archived