The better place to talk football.

NBA

football forum

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

No points in the NBA mate, just win and Losses. The greek freak is fun to watch ! Butler finally gets his wish n gets traded to Philly.

How do they work out who goes through to the play offs? Is it done on win rate?

3 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Yeah win rate. Top eight teams advance in each conference

Next year, Duke University can potentially have the first three draft picks ! They are fun to watch (college) especially Zion W.) 

It's amazing how many games they play. Do the same players play if they have played a day before?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

All-Star game is coming up, which means we are about half way through the season. 

Been a great year thus far, but again the sport suffers from all the talent being in the West. 

Lakers win a big game last night in Boston, but are on the verge of not making the playoffs, which would be the first time ever LeBron hasn't made the playoffs. 

13 minutes ago, nudge said:

Used to follow it almost religiously during the nineties. Lost interest in basketball completely afterwards.

How are the Pacers doing?

Pacers aren't bad. Their best player basically destroyed his leg this year so any hope they had vanished. They are still 3rd in the East, but they won't make it past the second round. 

I feel out of love after MJ and co retired, but over the past 2-3 years have gotten back into it. 

• Subscriber

I should give it a go again some time...

Golden State Warriors was the only team I had a soft spot for in the early 90s; watched the league purely for entertainment otherwise. Bulls were of course THE team back then but I found myself rooting against them during the finals most of the time haha. 

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

I should give it a go again some time...

Golden State Warriors was the only team I had a soft spot for in the early 90s; watched the league purely for entertainment otherwise. Bulls were of course THE team back then but I found myself rooting against them during the finals most of the time haha. 

Yeah, so Golden State is the dynasty now. More talented than the Bulls teams back then, but not as dominant. In fact, their coach is Steve Kerr. 

And don't talk bad about MJ, Scottie, Rodman, and the 90 Bulls. That was when the NBA was at it's best. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah, so Golden State is the dynasty now. More talented than the Bulls teams back then, but not as dominant. In fact, their coach is Steve Kerr. 

And don't talk bad about MJ, Scottie, Rodman, and the 90 Bulls. That was when the NBA was at it's best. 

Didn't even know they have been that successful recently... I only followed them closely from the 89 to 95 when Don Nelson and his son were in charge and when they drafted Šarūnas Marčiulionis. 

Haha Bulls were class but I'm an underdog kind of person... :$ the two finals against Utah Jazz in the late 90s were heartbreaking. 

Also had a soft spot for Pacers due to Reggie Miller back then and now they have a Lithuanian player as well so that's why I asked if they're doing well. 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

I love the NBA but with all the games being played in the early hours of the morning over here I can never really follow it. Recording the matches and then watching them the next day (which I used to do) just isn't the same as seeing it live. 

If I ever moved to the US I'd be really into it, such an underrated sport IMO. Just a shame that there isn't scope for it throughout the world like football. 

Not really 

Participation and marketing wise its a major sport

10 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Not really 

Participation and marketing wise its a major sport

It's a great sport, and one of the best ran leagues in all of sports that I've seen. Much better ran than the MLB, NFL, MLS, and NHL. And the athleticism is unlike any other American Sport. 

It's no underrated here, because it's massive here, but worldwide probably so. But @Cannabis lives in the birth place of football so I don't feel bad for him. xD

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

It's a great sport, and one of the best ran leagues in all of sports that I've seen. Much better ran than the MLB, NFL, MLS, and NHL. And the athleticism is unlike any other American Sport. 

It's no underrated here, because it's massive here, but worldwide probably so. But @Cannabis lives in the birth place of football so I don't feel bad for him. xD

We can differ on what makes a sport major or underrated.

But for me Basketball is not underrated. Its played world wide, almost every country has basketball in its school program, even poor ones as it requires less space and its simple to play

Has a great marketing, you see basketball in a lot of movies and in video games

Though only in few countries its the No 1 sport

• 3 weeks later...

What an atmosphere last night in Denver as the Nuggets beat the Thunder, making their record at home 27-4.

Hawks play tonight at home against Minnesota. We have been playing .500 ball for the past month or so which is bad for our draft, but great when looking at our future potential. Trae Young and John Collins both look like future stars. 

Game of the night is clearly Pelicans at Lakers, especially after Lakers tried to trade away their entire team for AD, and failed. xD

I heard the Lakers have to go something like 26-6 for the rest of the year for have a chance at the playoffs. This is significant because if they don't make it, it'll be the first time LBJ misses the playoffs. 

In a league where you want to get a high draft if you are a player or two away from being a true contender, it's so nice having a young team and seeing them grow from winning about 30% of their games to what's been 60% over the past month a half. Truly great, and tonight is another win for the Hawks. 

Trae Young gets 30 points in back-to-back games. 

Tru To Atlanta!

• 1 month later...

NBA Playoffs started this week. 

Last Night's Results
Orlando Magic 82
Toronto Raptors 111
Series tied 1-1

San Antonio Spurs 105
Denver Nuggets 114
Series Tied 1-1

Oklahoma City Thunder 94
Portland Trail Blazers 114
POR leads 2-0

Tonight's Games
Indiana Pacers at Boston Celtics (BOS Leads 1-0)
Detroit Pistons at Milwaukee Bucks (MIL leads 1-0)
Utah Jazz at Houston Rockets (HOU leads 1-0)

Anyone been to a BBL (British Basketball League) game? I might give it a go, most likely next season, and Groupon always have offers for London Lions and I quite fancy watching something a little different. 

I don’t imagine the quality is up to much but entertainment wise, I’m hoping it’s decent. 

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

That's shocking xD. Hope they go out though as it would be nice seeing someone else lift the trophy. Gets a bit boring when it's the same franchise over and over, despite them playing really well.

The play offs without LeBron is weird (even if he would have missed it anyway through injury).

Would be nice, but it's not happening. GS just has way too much talent. 

They won last night by 30. 

• The title was changed to NBA

Archived