talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

David Beckham Statue to be unveiled at LA Galaxy

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does seem a bit cringe, but I do agree with @Cannabis in some ways. Really goes with that "profile" debate I had in the Almiron thread. Beckham really changed the face of the league with all the brands and now the whole Miami thing.

• Administrator

I think his off-field impact for the MLS has been more noticeable than what he did on the field, and perhaps this is why they've dedicated something for him.

Some may say that his effect on the MLS has helped it become bigger than the Championship these days :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Eco said:

xD

Is Beckham really considered the best player to ever play in the MLS? Or is that James Corden getting a dig in at how shit he thinks the league is? Or is that just James Corden being an idiot as always?

51 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is Beckham really considered the best player to ever play in the MLS? Or is that James Corden getting a dig in at how shit he thinks the league is? Or is that just James Corden being an idiot as always?

Henry, Ibra, David Villa, Kaka, Drogba and Pirlo, Schweinsteiger, Lamps and Ashley Cole have all played MLS and are/were as good/better than the man from the perfume add. 

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Henry, Ibra, David Villa, Kaka, Drogba and Pirlo, Schweinsteiger, Lamps and Ashley Cole have all played MLS and are/were as good/better than the man from the perfume add. 

Yeah that's why I thought it was a bit weird.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean - in all honestly Beckham in his day was an elite player, so he's definitely the largest profile player to play here, and I'd say the best ever as he had some great years here. 

He's easily the most influential player ever. 

Archived