talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Betting tips a.k.a Will it be sh*t? Crystal Palace vs Brighton

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our home matches tend to be matches where we pepper the other teams goal with shots but still drop points. We've dropped points to the likes of Cardiff, Southampton, Watford, Wolves, Newcastle and West Ham because of it. I feel with Batshuayi upfront we are beginning to turn the corner though. We wouldn't have beaten Burnley so convincing without him.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Our home matches tend to be matches where we pepper the other teams goal with shots but still drop points. We've dropped points to the likes of Cardiff, Southampton, Watford, Wolves, Newcastle and West Ham because of it. I feel with Batshuayi upfront we are beginning to turn the corner though. We wouldn't have beaten Burnley so convincing without him.

His goal at the weekend was very well taken.

• Administrator

Of the teams in the lower reaches of the league, Palace certainly have an abundance of pace and power to burn. That's effectively going to keep them in the league. Its more surprising they're not doing better. 

On 04/03/2019 at 09:57, Batard said:

Palace vs Brighton, 12:30 Saturday 9th March

The lunch time kick off provides us the feast of the curious case of the South London vs East Sussex derby. Let's look at the away team first. 

Brighton Club Badge 

Brighton come off the back of a 1-0 home win against Huddersfield, but their away form is utter shite with their last away win being against the very same team they beat Saturday, 2-1 on the 1st December 2018. 

Played 14; Won: 2   Drawn: 2   Lost: 10   Goals scored: 13   Goals conceded: 26 

This calendar year they've collected one point away from home (And only 5 in total home and away in 2019). Brighton right now are truly awful, dull uninspiring, lacking a cutting edge and players lacking confidence. Andone returning from a suspension to score against Huddersfield is a plus and Murray will certainly be a sound bet to score against his former side anything more than a goal seems extremely unlikely. And them taking the lead in this match would certainly not bode well, against West Ham and Fulham they squandered two goal leads. So in the event of Brighton taking the lead here I'd immediately back Palace to draw but more favourably, to win. 

Might be worth a sniff: Murray or Andone to be booked

Crystal Palace Club Badge

Crystal Palace are quite the enigma. In four matches at home in 2019 they've taken exactly that, four points. Their home form in general this season for a Hodgson side has been abysmal.

Played 14; Won: 3   Drawn: 4   Lost: 7   Goals scored: 10   Goals conceded: 15 

Things are on up though after a slow start. But a good performance against United counted for little as the away team ran out with a 3-1 win however either side of that result, they've battered both Leicester and Burnley away from home with some swashbuckling counterattacking. The issue though is inescapable, things are coming together for them at Selhurst Park. If we look further back, to the 1-1 against West Ham, it really was a case of not being able to shoot for shit. 25 shots on goal, only 5 on target, properly wasteful stuff. The 2-1 defeat at home to Watford really is the odd one, it was quite an even match but again they couldn't take their chances, 6 shots on target from the 15 mustered. Although compare this to Watford's two shots on target resulting in both their goals. So Palace look blunt at home and Brighton haven't lost by more than a two goal margin all season in the league so statistically and intuitively I'm compelled to go with:  

Home win, BTTS Crystal Palace 2-1 Brighton

Will it be shit? Derbies can be feisty affairs but I don't think this is going to be a blood thunder exhibition of rivalry. More than the fans than the players. 

Shit rating: 3/5 Simply because Brighton are diabolical and Palace struggle to put their chances away at home

Betting on it being shit: Go for 1-1 with Brighton taking the lead completely against the run of play and Palace finally equalising between the 66th-76th minute

Thus concludes this faeces thesis

Murray booked and correct score, just an incorrect outcome. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Murray booked and correct score, just an incorrect outcome. 

It was a bizarre game to watch. The first goal was schoolboy defending 

Pretty rate from Tomkins that. Hes usually consistent.

Regarding Murray, his behaviour in both games this season has dented the status I had for him. I loved the Glenn Murray story seeing him rise up to be a Premier League player when every aspect of him suggested he shouldn't be one, but the constant cheating off the ball in both fixtures I've seen live this season just make me think he's a twat. Hes fallen in to category with Bolasie, Scannell, McAnuff, Lee etc. Players I loved watching see play for my club, but there attitude when playing against us just taints my memory of them.

10 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Pretty rate from Tomkins that. Hes usually consistent.

Regarding Murray, his behaviour in both games this season has dented the status I had for him. I loved the Glenn Murray story seeing him rise up to be a Premier League player when every aspect of him suggested he shouldn't be one, but the constant cheating off the ball in both fixtures I've seen live this season just make me think he's a twat. Hes fallen in to category with Bolasie, Scannell, McAnuff, Lee etc. Players I loved watching see play for my club, but there attitude when playing against us just taints my memory of them.

Man does his job = twat?

Weird. He scored and walked off. No celebration, which football fans get weirdly obsessed with. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Man does his job = twat?

Weird. He scored and walked off. No celebration, which football fans get weirdly obsessed with. 

I think there was a challenge where Murray cynically hacked one of Brighton's players which @The Palace Fan may be relating to.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Footballer commits a foul does not equal twat, either. If you’re looking for a twat, you look at Jack Colback, Carlos Tevez, people like that, not Glenn Murray, IMO. 

I agree, just saying not sure his comment purely relates to the goal.

Needless to say I wasn't referring to his goal. At all. It's the constant cheating.

The elbows in to the back of players, the shirt pulling for corners, the late stamps on people, the checking in to players off the ball, the amount he falls to the floor on minimal contact, the times he's in the refs face. It's a shame to see how often he does it.

There was a moment when Scott Dann was jogging away Glen Murray tried to catch his ankle when the ball was no where near them. Scott Dann gave him a four second stare of confusement as to why he's playing like this which just summed up how I was feeling watching the game.

It's just all twatish behaviour, I'm not asking for him to get on his knees and bow to The Holmesdale but to not be a constant cheat as a show of respect for a side that gave him a platform to play in The Premier League would be nice.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Needless to say I wasn't referring to his goal. At all. It's the constant cheating.

The elbows in to the back of players, the shirt pulling for corners, the late stamps on people, the checking in to players off the ball, the amount he falls to the floor on minimal contact, the times he's in the refs face. It's a shame to see how often he does it.

There was a moment when Scott Dann was jogging away Glen Murray tried to catch his ankle when the ball was no where near them. Scott Dann gave him a four second stare of confusement as to why he's playing like this which just summed up how I was feeling watching the game.

It's just all twatish behaviour, I'm not asking for him to get on his knees and bow to The Holmesdale but to not be a constant cheat as a show of respect for a side that gave him a platform to play in The Premier League would be nice.

I mean, come on. That’s his game. It’s always been his game. That’s the way he plays. So he was a “twat” for Palace as well then. You can’t have rose tinted specs when he’s wearing the red and blue stripes of Palace and then have him down as a “twat” when he leaves and continues playing to his strengths elsewhere. 

Archived