• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 0-2 PSG (1st Leg) - Tuesday 12th February, 2019

football forum

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Azeem said:

De Gea had a nice game couldn't do anything about the two goals but that could have been a rout if it wasn't for him. 

De Gea was the only Man U player that looked to be giving a crap. Well, Matic played well also, but De Gea definitely kept them in the match. 

9 hours ago, José said:

Says a Chelsea fan xD 2-0 is not impossible to come back from, now if it was 6-0..different story mate. 

You probably weren't a fan "back in old the days" when a City side half as good as this one scored six at Old Trafford with the club being under Ferguson.

Check it on google :farmer:

There is one serious lesson to be learned from this game as far as Man U are concerned.  I watched it - mainly from a neutral point of view having great respect for Ole after his playing career despite not a great love for the side, but more to see what my 04 kids were doing. Julien has started to play forwards at last (normally most of his passes were towards his own goal) and that unusual position for him seems to have worked, but at 22 years old, young Thilo(who we let go in our normal looney way) was way in front of any of the Man U defenders. Therein lies the Man U problem - a defence which is only just better than my lot in Germany - and they are dismal to the point of farcical.  Pogba, Rashford and Co are having to play Klopp football - score as many as possible so that we get more than the defence lets in!  Last night they met a strong defence and their own was full of holes.  Not Ole's fault but give him some of that Man U Money and he will have to go and find more like young Thilo - they are out there, but Sam Allardyce has been crucified sometimes for that sort of thinking - get it right at the back and the chances will come up front - not the other way round cos getting it right up front never will cancel out the chances coming against the back!  The team is playing like a team again and the present PL future is better than it was, but keep Ole, keep the team spirit and fill in the gaps - then perhaps next year the CL will be possible.  Present PL form suggest that a CL place is there for them so the red army should keep believing and stop the 04 idea - just look how many managers we have had since 2000 so that doesn't work at all - you eventually end up with a Tedesco and Ken Dodd can be heard singing 'Tears' every game!  Will be interesting to se what young Sancho does in London tonight.  Looking overseas all the time ignores some brilliant young talent in the UK and that has to stop! How many of the young Academy Man U kids do the supporters really know?  I'm sure there are better prospects there than on the African Continent - no way a racist comment as many of the Man U boys will have similar origins!  Rashford and Lingard is a great start - now let Ole sort the rest and give him time and, if he needs it, some money in the short term.  Fergie was not an overnight success, but time, patience and belief got... well we know what it got then, why not now? 

Massive embarrassment losing at home to a tinpot nomark club like PSG, about as European minnow as you can get and with literally zero history. Even worse was the fact that we were outplayed too by players as utterly shit as Di Maria, the most gutless player I have ever had the misfortune to see in a United shirt and the very definition of superflop.

I could sit here and mention how anonymous Pogba was and how his sending off makes him a massive liablity etc but far better players than him have made mistakes in big games and to be fair to him this is the first time he's played like the normal Pogba since Solskjaer took the reigns.

I don't really want to slate OG either as it is the biggest test he's faced so far and the best team he's faced by far with the exception of Spurs who are much better than PSG and should have beaten us. The 'Champions' League really isn't in any way important when it comes to appointing a manager in my opinion as it's literally got nowt to do with champions and it's all about selling TV rights to bored Africans/Americans who want to see their favourite FM/FIFA players play every year in this cringefest of a competition.

If we fail to get Poch (who would need his head tested to leave Spurs for Manchester United States) I'd rather just stick with Ole than persist with signing utterly shit managers like LVG and Jose because they were supposedly once good 10/20 years ago.

It's not over as us beating a small club like PSG away wouldn't be surprising at all but it'd be a minor miracle with the embarrassing squad that have somehow been allowed to doss at this club since that clueless cunt Woodward was somehow allowed opinions on the footballing side.

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Seems UTD were insulting Di Maria all night long and threw him water and even beer bottles. Though that shit didn't happen in England or any other top European league, think UTD might be facing an stadium ban and it would be deserved if so.

Thoroughly deserved. The cunt is weak

Just now, Berserker said:

He flopped for you and was not in good terms with LVG but don't think he did or said anything against the fans (before last night where it was fair after you gave him hell)?

Just one of those weird signings we make - mentally weak as fuck, no backbone or ability to dig in and fight. A total coward with no heart. Just like Depay, Nani, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez etc

2 minutes ago, Salford Kel said:

Just one of those weird signings we make - mentally weak as fuck, no backbone or ability to dig in and fight. A total coward with no heart. Just like Depay, Nani, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez etc

Perhaps, but that doesn't justify the kind of abuse he got last night. Imagine if you did that for all the players that didn't perform for you, it would never end and it'd be chaos.

Just now, Berserker said:

Perhaps, but that doesn't justify the kind of abuse he got last night. Imagine if you did that for all the players that didn't perform for you, it would never end and it'd be chaos.

True. Including the ones playing for us at the moment

Think there’s been an overreaction to United losing, not just here but nationwide. Apparently, overnight United have returned to the god awful side they were under Mourinho and everyone needs replacing or put to rot in their reserves. 

The “new manager bounce” may have happened at United, it’s quite typical in Football and undoubtedly United have looked a side with renewed confidence since Solskjaer took over but one loss shouldn’t overshadow the work he’s done there. 

This is a United team that about eight weeks ago looked devoid of confidence, ability or interest. It’s still a side that contains people like Lindelof, Matic etc. 

Can’t help but think that two injuries at half time and subsequently two subs, would have had an effect. It was a pretty even game in the first half. 

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Seems UTD were insulting Di Maria all night long and threw him water and even beer bottles. Though that shit didn't happen in England or any other top European league, think UTD might be facing an stadium ban and it would be deserved if so.

Not a chance it's a stadium ban straight away.

They'll get fined at most, for now. Other clubs have got away without stadium bans for doing far worse. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not a chance it's a stadium ban straight away.

They'll get fined at most, for now. Other clubs have got away without stadium bans for doing far worse. 

Which ones and for doing what?, throwing a glass beer bottle at a player is quite serious if you ask me.

13 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Which ones and for doing what?, throwing a glass beer bottle at a player is quite serious if you ask me.

While yes, I have never heard of a stadium ban for it. 

In Italy, stadium bans are usually because of racist chants. In other countries, it's because flairs are thrown on the pitch, making it unplayable. 

21 minutes ago, José said:

Thanks Smiley. I hate the L but the overreaction is beyond silly, especially when the game was very equal prior to the two injuries. Man utd will bounce back even stronger away at Paris. 

Speaking of overreactions.... And claiming injuries is laughable considering two of PSG's 3 best players didn't even play due to injuries. xD

17 hours ago, José said:

WHAT IS PSG GONNA DO? NOT SHIT

WHAT IS PSG GONNA DO? NOT SHIT

Step outside and you can hear the GGMU already! Fans and especially HATERS are all anxious to see the Kings of England!

17 hours ago, José said:

The count down begins BABY!! Turn the mf volume up, get the popcorn ready, and put the toddlers to sleep. PSG is about to get murdered!!!

the notorious TESO and the Nature Boy are ready, are you? 

On 11/02/2019 at 07:04, José said:

JUST WIN UNITED, JUST FUCKING WIN! 

Man Utd 3-1 psg

Man I'm beyond ready for this! Time to show the world what Teso already knows, that the best team in England is BACK! 

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Serious, yes. But UEFA are sometimes scared of punishing the bigger clubs unless repeated offences are committed. Given this is the first kind of thing Utd fans have done (to my memory?) in a very long time, they'll probably get a slap on the wrist, warned about future fan conduct etc and at most get a few thousand pounds fine.

Dare I say that if it wasn't a favoured Argentinian player in question, there wouldn't be as much attention given to it?

As @Eco said, plenty of European clubs, even top ones (Napoli, Lazio etc) commit worse offences than just throwing a bottle on the pitch and it took them a while to get stadium bans, if at all. There'd be more attention to it in general if it actually hit Di Maria, though.  

3 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

There is one serious lesson to be learned from this game as far as Man U are concerned.  I watched it - mainly from a neutral point of view having great respect for Ole after his playing career despite not a great love for the side, but more to see what my 04 kids were doing. Julien has started to play forwards at last (normally most of his passes were towards his own goal) and that unusual position for him seems to have worked, but at 22 years old, young Thilo(who we let go in our normal looney way) was way in front of any of the Man U defenders. Therein lies the Man U problem - a defence which is only just better than my lot in Germany - and they are dismal to the point of farcical.  Pogba, Rashford and Co are having to play Klopp football - score as many as possible so that we get more than the defence lets in!  Last night they met a strong defence and their own was full of holes.  Not Ole's fault but give him some of that Man U Money and he will have to go and find more like young Thilo - they are out there, but Sam Allardyce has been crucified sometimes for that sort of thinking - get it right at the back and the chances will come up front - not the other way round cos getting it right up front never will cancel out the chances coming against the back!  The team is playing like a team again and the present PL future is better than it was, but keep Ole, keep the team spirit and fill in the gaps - then perhaps next year the CL will be possible.  Present PL form suggest that a CL place is there for them so the red army should keep believing and stop the 04 idea - just look how many managers we have had since 2000 so that doesn't work at all - you eventually end up with a Tedesco and Ken Dodd can be heard singing 'Tears' every game!  Will be interesting to se what young Sancho does in London tonight.  Looking overseas all the time ignores some brilliant young talent in the UK and that has to stop! How many of the young Academy Man U kids do the supporters really know?  I'm sure there are better prospects there than on the African Continent - no way a racist comment as many of the Man U boys will have similar origins!  Rashford and Lingard is a great start - now let Ole sort the rest and give him time and, if he needs it, some money in the short term.  Fergie was not an overnight success, but time, patience and belief got... well we know what it got then, why not now? 

Great post Alan! Thank you for your insight.

4 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

@SirBalon Is that you?

3 hours ago, Salford Kel said:

Massive embarrassment losing at home to a tinpot nomark club like PSG, about as European minnow as you can get and with literally zero history. Even worse was the fact that we were outplayed too by players as utterly shit as Di Maria, the most gutless player I have ever had the misfortune to see in a United shirt and the very definition of superflop.

I could sit here and mention how anonymous Pogba was and how his sending off makes him a massive liablity etc but far better players than him have made mistakes in big games and to be fair to him this is the first time he's played like the normal Pogba since Solskjaer took the reigns.

I don't really want to slate OG either as it is the biggest test he's faced so far and the best team he's faced by far with the exception of Spurs who are much better than PSG and should have beaten us. The 'Champions' League really isn't in any way important when it comes to appointing a manager in my opinion as it's literally got nowt to do with champions and it's all about selling TV rights to bored Africans/Americans who want to see their favourite FM/FIFA players play every year in this cringefest of a competition.

If we fail to get Poch (who would need his head tested to leave Spurs for Manchester United States) I'd rather just stick with Ole than persist with signing utterly shit managers like LVG and Jose because they were supposedly once good 10/20 years ago.

It's not over as us beating a small club like PSG away wouldn't be surprising at all but it'd be a minor miracle with the embarrassing squad that have somehow been allowed to doss at this club since that clueless cunt Woodward was somehow allowed opinions on the footballing side.

I agree, I thought it was a massive disappointment for you to lose to them looking at their line up. One of the weakest PSG team's to visit UK shores in recent times and the ease in which they won was slightly concerning. Let's not forget that Liverpool absolutely battered them at Anfield and 3-2 flattered them.

Read a lot of comments today about how last night was a 'reality check' for United or whether there is an over reaction to their defeat, but being brutally honest, I don't think being pretty critical about losing to PSG should be dismissed, irrespective of Ole's start. They were an extremely beatable side there and the performance was below par from United. Genuinely believe United had enough in them to win that game and jump all over that PSG side. 

United away from home on the counter attack will actually play into their hands better. I really wouldn't be shocked to see them turn it around. They already managed to beat Juventus on home turf this season which is a feat in itself.

• Subscriber

Man Utd and PSG charged by Uefa after Champions League tie

2 hours ago|European Football

_105636101_dimaria_bottle.jpg

Angel di Maria had a bottle of water thrown at him during the second half

Manchester United and Paris St-Germain have been charged by Uefa following their Champions League last-16 tie at Old Trafford on Tuesday.

United have been charged with the throwing of objects by fans and blocking of stairways.

PSG have been charged with the setting off of fireworks, throwing of objects, acts of damages and crowd disturbance.

French champions PSG won the first leg 2-0 with second-half goals from Presnel Kimpembe and Kylian Mbappe.

The case will be heard by Uefa's control, ethics and disciplinary body on 28 February.

Before kick-off, a number of PSG supporters set off flares in the away section at Old Trafford.

Former Manchester United forward Angel di Maria had a bottle of water thrown towards him during the second half.

_105635835_psgfans_getty.jpg

PSG fans let off flares before kick-off at Old Trafford

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47230737

• The title was changed to Man Utd 0-2 PSG (1st Leg) - Tuesday 12th February, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived