talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ajax 1-2 Real Madrid (1st Leg) - Wednesday 13th February, 2019

football forum

• The title was changed to Ajax 1-2 Real Madrid - Wednesday 13th February, 2019
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

I see Ramos picked up a convenient booking so he misses the 2nd leg xD 

Cheating Sergio Ramos' plan to skip Champions League tie backfires after admitting he got booked on purpose... and he's pulled the SAME trick against the SAME team in SAME stadium before (under the strict instructions of a sneaky Jose Mourinho!)

By PETE JENSON FOR MAILONLINE 

PUBLISHED: 11:16, 14 February 2019 | UPDATED: 12:00, 14 February 2019

Sergio Ramos' attempt to skip the second leg of Real Madrid's Champions League tie with Ajax by getting himself booked has backfired spectacularly after he admitted to his plan on camera.   

Real Madrid are pessimistic about Ramos’ chances of escaping a two-match ban after the incident on Wednesday night.

And unbelievably, it appears the veteran defender has not learned his lesson after he attempted to pull the same trick in the same stadium in 2010 - under the instruction of then-boss Jose Mourinho.  

Ramos’ ‘on-tape’ confession on Wednesday night will make it very hard for the club to defend their captain if UEFA’s control ethics and disciplinary body decide to take a hard line with the Spain defender.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6704313/Sergio-Ramoss-plan-miss-Ajax-Champions-League-clash-backfires-cheating-admission.html

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

I'd say ban him till the semi finals and see if they get there. I figure they will anyways so it wont make much of a difference.

I still don't get how its cheating though. If teams want to avoid cards causing issues later on I don't see why they can't do what he did?

• The title was changed to Ajax 1-2 Real Madrid (1st Leg) - Wednesday 13th February, 2019
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived