Crewe vs Carlisle
Newport vs MK Dons
Oldham vs Yeovil
Swindon vs Forest Green

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Sunderland are in real danger of blowing their season apart in a league that they should be romping. Too many players and the manager has no clue what his best team is. 

Luton are by far and away the best footballing side in that division though. They play really good football, it's no wonder they score so many goals.

I hope they go up even more so now they lost Jones to Stoke.

Massive win for us mentally that.

We've had a wobble, pretty sure the whole 'Spygate' palava has knocked us off our stride with so much attention our way but we've really gone about our business well tonight.

For 80 minutes, Swansea didn't have a single sniff. We have controlled the game, looked comfortable, been quite efficient without creating chance after chance and looked far more like ourselves. But in true Leeds fashion, we give away a silly penalty and have to nervously watch the last 5 or 6 minutes biting our nails. You could sense a collective sigh of relief from 34,000 Leeds fans at the end there.

But we've won, got three points, gone back top and another game closer to the end. It's all about what we do. Can't open the door for the chasing pack. They are all cup finals now.

1 hour ago, DNA said:

Wondered how we'd recover after losing that 3-0 lead to Villa but vital points today, we're quietly going about our business, albeit the odd bump in the road.

Like a dog with a bone you lot. Annoyingly won't let go and showing no sign of dropping off. Full credit to you.

I genuinely thought we were playing Swansea away in the Cup last night so I left London for the night, could have gone to this. Jet lag is a right slag.

Honestly I feel so wasted about this season, Maupay is the best striker we’ve had and it wouldn’t surprise me to see Prem interest in him in the Summer, but if not the likes of Villa etc will come calling.

18 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Smith has to take criticism now because he’s not changing things and we’re repeating the same thing week in week out

Defensive errors are generally part and parcel of a Smith team, we were never completely solid defensively and it took him about 10+ games to get a couple of wins with us, but if given the time he'll build a team that will try and score 2-3 more than the opposition.

• The topic was unpinned
14 hours ago, Danny said:

Defensive errors are generally part and parcel of a Smith team, we were never completely solid defensively and it took him about 10+ games to get a couple of wins with us, but if given the time he'll build a team that will try and score 2-3 more than the opposition.

Initially we did, they’ve lost Jack and have reverted to Type with Bruce style football at times. He needs time but we don’t have it, expect calls for his head soon

36 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Initially we did, they’ve lost Jack and have reverted to Type with Bruce style football at times. He needs time but we don’t have it, expect calls for his head soon

It would be the dumbest thing and if people call for the sack/the owners do sack him then you don’t deserve getting out of the division tbh.

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

It would be the dumbest thing and if people call for the sack/the owners do sack him then you don’t deserve getting out of the division tbh.

I personally think he needs time, but you don’t get that at bigger clubs the expectation level is raised.  

41 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I personally think he needs time, but you don’t get that at bigger clubs the expectation level is raised.  

No you’re right you don’t, but if your club had done their research on him they’d know that this is normal with Smith. He needs time regardless of how big or small the club is.

8 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

The weirdest thing is it feels like you have gone backwards a little.

I fully expected you to kick on and that hasn't materialised.

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

The weirdest thing is it feels like you have gone backwards a little.

I fully expected you to kick on and that hasn't materialised.

It’s Grealish he’s that good, he knits it together and as a result we can tear teams apart. Take him out the equation and it’s 50/50 possession and Hourihane is slow and we get over ran in midfield. If jack stays fit it’s playoffs for us now hopefully 

15 hours ago, Danny said:

No you’re right you don’t, but if your club had done their research on him they’d know that this is normal with Smith. He needs time regardless of how big or small the club is.

Yeah in fairness most villa fans recognise he need’s time, unfortunately he started well and they’re not patient. I expect to lose tomorrow and pressure will be ratcheted up

Archived