talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your social class

football forum

What is your social class? Have you changed social class throughout your life?                                                I'm working class. I was born working class and will almost certainly always be working class.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on what you qualify as "social class".

I'm not rich or anything but I do consider myself a higher class citizen here in Peru, especially when I divide it between the lower class, middle class and of course what I am. 

I live in a good district and overall would like to think I'm agenda free and more educated than a lot of people in this country.

Well my dad works a non-skilled manual job, my mum has generally been a housewife all my life, and I was the 2nd in my entire extended family to go to uni (1st being my older brother), so by birth I'd call myself working class. 

But I'm most of the way to being a qualified lawyer, which is basically the most middle-class profession there is. 

So yeah, call me what you like, doesn't really change my way of thinking about the world. At the moment I'd say I'm a pretty much broke postgrad student with a working-class background who's had the privilege of a pretty intense education at a prestigious uni. 

32 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

The classes, IMO, is an outdated ranking system that ultimately means fuck all. 

It depends on what country you're in though.

41 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I rent, but I have 6 figures in the bank. But I hate my job. I'm going to go to uni in a couple of months. If I hate it I'll try for the army. Fuck life. It just isn't for me

Lol this is a world wide thing than xD

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Yeah, Army is always there for fit young men. At least I don't have to get rekt by indians tho.

Why does Australia have an army, when it is an island?

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I rent, but I have 6 figures in the bank. But I hate my job. I'm going to go to uni in a couple of months. If I hate it I'll try for the army. Fuck life. It just isn't for me

Did that belong to the ashes you ate?

1 hour ago, AMG said:

Why does Australia have an army, when it is an island?

To fend off kangaroos.

6 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

How have you saved that much? Do you sit at home and do nothing to save the dough or just invested/budgeted incredibly well to save such an impressive amount? Curious! Don’t have to answer 

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Mostly inherited. I hate my job. I wanna use it to go through uni

Sensible decision. Having an inheritance can definitely make you do silly things with the money. I bet there’s others out there whom piss it all up. 

5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Mostly inherited. I hate my job. I wanna use it to go through uni

Invest it, probably not enough for property in Australia (it's the easiest for inexperienced people) but there are a lot other options, cryptocurrencies, shares, loans, bonds, etc.

5 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Invest it, probably not enough for property in Australia (it's the easiest for inexperienced people) but there are a lot other options, cryptocurrencies, shares, loans, bonds, etc.

I considered that. No good. I desperately hate my job. I can't invest my golden ticket and work 5 days a week. I'd die. I'll invest it in an education if I can.

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I considered that. No good. I desperately hate my job. I can't invest my golden ticket and work 5 days a week. I'd die. I'll invest it in an education if I can.

With that kind of money and investing it wisely you can live purely out of the yields and not have to work a single day more. But it's ok if you want to study, depending on the career you can recoup the money you have spent on education and then invest it.  :D

8 minutes ago, Berserker said:

With that kind of money and investing it wisely you can live purely out of the yields and not have to work a single day more. But it's ok if you want to study, depending on the career you can recoup the money you have spent on education and then invest it.  :D

Not in this country friend.

13 hours ago, Blue said:

It depends on what country you're in though.

Well said. I remember partying with a rich dude In India and paying $25 at a night club for a Jager Bomb i didn't even want at 4am, whilst his driver sat outside keeping the engine warm in the 20th hour of his shift when his monthly salary was $50. 

I tipped the guy $20 and still felt disgusted with myself even though he was so grateful he nearly cried.

7 hours ago, Azeem said:

Not really classism is as prominent in UK as in Peru, its just the way humans are

In London there seemed to be an aristocracy that was just on another level financially. Almost a substantial sized extension of the royal family or other old money. It seemed much more classist than most other western countries or cities I've been to imo.

Archived