• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your social class

football forum

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

There are 3 social levels above new affluent worker so you should probably wear designer sunglasses indoors

It's dead in the middle, so I'm going to call it "real" middle class & continue to wear what I'm currently wearing.

10 hours ago, Harry said:

What’s your profession mate?oDes it pay well?

I’ve been staying in a Children’s hospital for the past 2 weeks and have been giving thought to Nursing as an occupation. In the ward we are in there are 80 nurses. Its 80-90% female. Almost all the staff are between 22 and 38. They seem a great tight knit group. Plenty of the female nurses are gorgeous, and the guys are good blokes. They get along well, and seem to interact socially and have a really enjoyable workplace.. 

I work in an office where the work force is male dominated, average tenure is 25 years, the average employee age is 40+, and of an office of 600 you;d be luckily to get 30 out for drinks on a Friday.... I see huge attraction in any profession where there is a more vibrant group of people to engage with,

I work in aged care. The women are spiteful slobs with heaps to say but nothing to talk about. Bunch of Bogans, uni students who don't give a fuck and people who just need the job but hate it.

47 minutes ago, Salford Kel said:

The whole 'class' obsession is divide and conquer shite. If you're not part of the so-called 'elite' bloodline class then you're a slave drone in some form or another

I'd say its more about whether you own property and derive profit from it or not. I'd agree that the old cultural stereotypes are outdated.

I know electricians who are minted, own buy-to-lets and make fortunes out of it. I know graduates who speak four languages and barely make rent every month. 

For another example, it costs £5 to go see a classical music concert. It costs £40 to go watch a football match.

Which is the lower-class activity?

1 hour ago, Salford Kel said:

The whole 'class' obsession is divide and conquer shite. If you're not part of the so-called 'elite' bloodline class then you're a slave drone in some form or another

I think what's changed is the people who aren't in that upper aristocracy class don't actually care that they're not now. 

Those in that upper tier I'd expect still do care about it all and surely many would look down their noses at those peons from lower social groupings. 

Archived