The better place to talk football.

BATE 1-0 Arsenal (1st Leg) - Thursday 14th February, 2019

football forum

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Underwhelming from Arsenal so far. Lacazette has been poor. As has Guendouzi, unusually.

Fortunate that BATE are pretty shit so won't capitalise.

As I was saying.

BATE score on stroke of half-time from a header.

• Subscriber
Just now, shut up said:

Borisov fans wearing totemkopf on their scarves...9_9

What is wrong with eastern european fans? they are always doing racist shit like nazi/fascist salutes, throwing bananas at players, singing about jews etc...

are they Soggy Baguettes?

In fairness, the same description could be applied to Chelsea fans

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, shut up said:

but that's one team tbf, it seems like every team from eastern europe has really problematic fans. 

Yeah, I know what you mean, different cultures and all that. Eastern Europe is well behind the UK in terms of a progressive social outlook. 

• The title was changed to BATE 1-0 Arsenal (1st Leg) - Thursday 14th February, 2019

Still hearing nonsense that Emery needs heavy investment to make his ideas work... it's BATE. Our fringe players beat them without much trouble last season.

Played well earlier in the season when Ramsey & Ozil were being used a lot more and we were playing flowing football but now Emery's just concentrating on a very functional, unexciting style which isn't really that functional... He's being compared to Wenger's worst season and being called an improvement.

1 hour ago, shut up said:

No they don't. They put the jolly roger on their merchandise, which is a variation of the skull and crossbones.

there is a subtle difference between this and the Totenkopf, they are not the same thing and you know it.

Jolly Roger

image.png.b7d93cc3fad2626389cbae6ecec1199e.pngimage.png.131e42636ddab690815df8d0aee59132.pngimage.png.7a91bf67e58c8e602f6f7c2e19e97253.png

Totenkopf (Nazi symbol)

image.png.6e4787ed657fc164f45fec120babfb62.pngimage.png.37dbfa12fe3451559cdf1646a136da09.png

I love the new English guy telling the Germans was is, and is NOT, a Nazi symbol. xD

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, shut up said:

No they don't. They put the jolly roger on their merchandise, which is a variation of the skull and crossbones.

there is a subtle difference between this and the Totenkopf, they are not the same thing and you know it.

Jolly Roger

image.png.b7d93cc3fad2626389cbae6ecec1199e.pngimage.png.131e42636ddab690815df8d0aee59132.pngimage.png.7a91bf67e58c8e602f6f7c2e19e97253.png

Totenkopf (Nazi symbol)

image.png.6e4787ed657fc164f45fec120babfb62.pngimage.png.37dbfa12fe3451559cdf1646a136da09.png

Since we're posting images... that's the screenshot of the official St Pauli merchandise shop. 

vWzPflr.png

To be honest I know what you mean mate but the confusion arises from the fact that the English have taken a perfectly normal German word which is used every day without any negative connotations and started using it to describe solely the specific Nazi insignia (which is a weird thing to do considering that the symbol in different variations has been used by various nations and groups for ages) and insist that everyone else use it the same way. Why not just call it SS-skull or Nazi Totenkopf or whatever that makes it obvious what you mean?...

I obviously haven't seen the alleged BATE fan scarfs with Nazi insignia but it'd be a bit weird for them to use those I think considering that Dinamo Minsk is the right-wing club in the country and they're BATE's main rivals. Wouldn't rule it out either though; there are idiots everywhere.

9 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Ironic that they're about to fight the Ruskis there. I think if satan himself fought against Stalin's Russia he still wouldn't be the 'baddie'

Yes I'm sure the inmates at Auschwitz were absolutely devastated when they saw the Red Army pull up outside the gates. 

I had the impression that this was a thread to comment on the game last night.  Forgetting the nonsense that has gone before can anyone explain to me - after watching Arsenal regularly lately - how any team would tolerate the inept inaccurate and useless sort of performance Owobi gave last night (and every game recently).  I can only recall 2 passes which did not go to the opposition all night from him - and where were the kids who haver been performing in previous Euro games when seniors have been rested?  If the same team (minus Lacaz) takes the field for the return leg I would be worried!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived