talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AFA | Superliga Argentina de Fútbol

football forum

Just now, Cicero said:

Biglia or Banega go in midfield I will pull out my hair. With that much attacking power, the midfield needs to be solid and brave. 

Yeah fair enough then. Mascherano could be great as a CB for the future, but there's no one else I suppose.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

@Berserker How has Armani started at River? When he was at Nacional he was the best keeper in the America's. I'm curious to see if he has carried that on.

Pretty good, in the first match he made a couple important saves and he's kept a good and stable performance not to mention he's reassuring, unlike Lux and Batalla. He's also earned a chance in the NT and Sampaoli will most likely call him for the friendlies.

Just now, Berserker said:

Pretty good, in the first match he made a couple important saves and he's kept a good and stable performance not to mention he's reassuring, unlike Lux and Batalla. He's also earned a chance in the NT and Sampaoli will most likely call him for the friendlies.

Good to hear.

I don't know if he should replace Romero as he has leadership values and is a clutch player, but I have no doubt Franco Armani is a better keeper. At least for me anyhow.

@Cicero I saw Tevez live here in Lima last night. Based on what I saw, no chance I would take him to the World Cup.

It's got to be Lautaro or Dybala as a 9.

Just now, Cannabis said:

I'd love to see Lautaro Martinez at the World Cup, Dybala however has to be guarenteed anyway?

Nope, he wasn't called up to the latest squad so now there are doubts. From what I've heard, he's had a bit of an off season at Juve. If he can't play alongside Messi, then try him as a 9 like he was at Palermo.

Lautaro Martinez has to be in. Nurture their own Gabriel Jesus. As for Tevez, I went to see him in Alianza Lima vs Boca last night and he was useless. No chance I would take him to the World Cup if I was Sampaoli.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I'd love to see Lautaro Martinez at the World Cup, Dybala however has to be guarenteed anyway?

No chance he has to be guaranteed, he was a waste of space every time he was called up, max performance for us from his was a 5. And he was even sent off in one match. I'd take Lautaro any day over him, or even Driussi or Alario.

Just now, Cannabis said:

If you don't mind me asking how much is it to see football in Peru? 

Depends where you are. I got some of the cheapest tickets to see the game, which were 120 soles. That's the equivalent to 27 pounds. That's for the Libertadores. In the league, Alianza is 50 soles for Oriente. They are the champions at the moment and they are the most expensive. 11 pounds in the UK.

As for outside of Lima, its all a gift really. The cheapest tickets for Real Garcilaso vs Santos last night were 15 soles which is 0.22 pounds. I went to Cusco at the end of last year and saw a league game, which cost me 10 soles for the most expensive tickets. My bag of Lays chips is more expensive than that. Its crazy cheap. However, in Lima since there is a lot more people and higher pay, the ticket prices can be decently expensive. Outside of Lima, its a gift.

Yeah Dybala has been unimpressive for the national side. I'd try two strikers with Argentina. Either Martinez with Aguero/Higuain. 

Martinez-----Aguero/Higuain

Perotti--------------------------------------------Messi

Mascherano--------Pizarro

Tagliafico---Otamendi---Mammana---Mercado

Romero 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Blue said:

Franco Armani had another blinder last night - its baffling that he hasn't been called up to Argentina yet.

Because GK is the least of their worries. 

I wonder if Lanzini is a starter is Sampaoli's eyes 

33 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Because GK is the least of their worries. 

I wonder if Lanzini is a starter is Sampaoli's eyes 

That's true, but he's been the best Argentinian keeper since 2014 and he hasn't even been called up as third choice. It makes me really question Argentina's methods of calling players up. They are very fickle.

This better be true. Armani has been excellent since joining River (as expected) and like I said, he's been Argentina's best keeper since 2014. He left Atletico Nacional as a Libertadores champion and said himself "I'm tired of not being called up because I play in Colombia" or so I read something like that. 

The Argentina selection process is really fickle, but Armani plays in Argentina now and he has to be included. Even if its 3rd choice, absolutely baffling that he's not considered.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Godoy Cruz tied on points with Boca now. I honestly don't think they can win the title as Boca have 2 games in hand, but imagine the scenes in Mendoza if it does happen.

• 3 months later...

Leo Messi has apparently informed AFA that he wishes not to be selected for any forthcoming international games with Argentina for the remainder of 2018.

It remains to be seen what occurs after this if true as the rumours are that this could be a prelude to retiring from international duty or that in the very least he is searching for a reduction in travel so as to concentrate on the remainder of his club career. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived