talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nürnberg sack sports director and head coach

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I've read some reports that Bornemann was apparently only sacked because he didn't agree to sack Koellner?... Basically he and Nürnberg's Finance CEO disagreed about the sacking of the head coach so the supervisory board had to intervene.

17 minutes ago, kapisevicius said:

Not surprising. The worst team in 1.Bundesliga this season and probably one of the worst teams in recent years.

Funny how one week before the winter break started, it looked like it would be us. Heard some Fortuna Fans even saying that we'll be like Tasmania Berlin back then :D

46 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Funny how one week before the winter break started, it looked like it would be us. Heard some Fortuna Fans even saying that we'll be like Tasmania Berlin back then :D

Tbh I still think that both teams - Nürnberg and Düsseldorf - are the worst teams of the Bundesliga in terms of quality and depth (which is just normal).

Fortuna is obviously doing a much better job (Funkel-Fußball) and the team seems better suited to stand up to supposedly stronger teams.

Sometimes it's also a matter of luck that you score a goal in the decisive moments and/or earn more self-confidence by good results. 

It is exactly this phenomenon that we experienced last season and as a result some wrong decisions were made in the summer. Aber hinterher ist man ja immer schlauer.

In any case, it will now be extremely difficult for Nürnberg. I'm not sure a new coach can really make a difference. 

Archived