talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your club team of the decade!

football forum

It's the back end of the 2019 season. So football for the decade is in its twilight. I'd like to see everyone construct a first team (and bench if they wish) of the players who performed the best for their club this decade 2010-2019. I think it's an interesting exercise and a fun bit of nostalgia.

Club: Werder Bremen

Coach of the decade. You were all fucking shit but we haven't sacked Kohfeldt yet so bam! Default. 

----------------------------------------------Wiese----------------------------------------------

Gebre Selassie----------Sokratis------------Prodl----------------------------Garcia

--------------------Junuzovic--------Delaney-------Hunt--------------------------------

De Bruyne--------------------------------Pizarro--------------------------------Gnabry

Subs

GK Pavlenka

CB Mertesacker

LB Augustinson

CM Klaassen

ST Di Santo

ST Kruse

RW Arnautovic 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have struggled or underachieved this decade (bar that one season under Rodgers) until Klopp took over. 

So, most of the current team will feature in this. 

Manager - Klopp

------------------------Alisson---------------------

Trent----Carragger---Van Dijk---Robertson

Henderson--------Gerrard-----------Coutinho

Salah-----------------Firmino-------------Suarez

Substitutes:

Reina

Agger

Lucas

Milner

Sterling

Sturridge

Mane

Used some players that were only one year in the past decade.

-------------------------------------Cech------------------------------------------

Ivanović-------------Terry----------------Carvalho---------------Cole

--------------Essien-----------Lampard------Ballack/Ramires-----

-------------Joe Cole----------Drogba----------Hazard------------------

Thought I needed to fit Torres in here but the 2010 cutoff actually makes this a challenge....

------------------------Reina---------------------

Johnson----Agger---Van Dijk---Robertson

Henderson--------Gerrard-----------Coutinho

Salah-----------------Firmino-------------Suarez

Not sure Carra was really that up there in 2010+, and although Johnson was pretty flawed he was also a decent and serviceable RB and an England first teamer.

I started this and realised we've literally had no decent fullbacks in this period. The centrebacks were all past their best too or just abysmal signings.

I don't think I could bring myself to put cunts like Rafael in the team for the sake of it. All I know is that the players we've had in this period are an embarrassment to the club and it started long before Fergie packed in

5 hours ago, True Blue said:

Used some players that were only one year in the past decade.

-------------------------------------Cech------------------------------------------

Ivanović-------------Terry----------------Carvalho---------------Cole

--------------Essien-----------Lampard------Ballack/Ramires-----

-------------Joe Cole----------Drogba----------Hazard------------------

Cech

Azpilicueta-----Ivanovic------Terry---------Cole

Lampard----Kante

Mata------------------------------Hazard

Costa---Drogba 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Ederson

Richards - Kompany

Yaya - De Jong - Fernandinho

SWP - Silva - De Bruyne - Sterling

Tevez - Robinho Bellamy

Aguero 

Gone for the old 14-man formation! Interesting!

16 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I wanted to include Dave but Ivanović and Cole were in the club longer and achieved more. Kante is a good shout, plus excellent add in Mata and Costa.

Carvalho? He left in 2010? Wouldn't really include him. 

• Subscriber

A couple of tough choices and a bunch of no brainers. If Kroos had hung around longer it would have been hard to leave him out.

Neuer

Lahm - Boateng - Hummels - Alaba

Schweinsteiger - Thiago

Robben - Müller - Ribery

Lewandowski

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Salford Kel said:

I started this and realised we've literally had no decent fullbacks in this period. The centrebacks were all past their best too or just abysmal signings

Ditto lol, the SAF era was coming to an end and so was a lot of players especially defenders, all I could say I would pick player wise from 2010 to nowadays would be DeGea and Rashford, maybe if Ole stays then I might answer after giving him a couple of full seasons in charge...if Woody Woodpecker and the muppets that own the club decide he gets the job full-time and don't hire another Moyes, Louis V Gaal or someone like Mr. Bean. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Even in joke form Wes Morgan can't get seen there. Chocolate fireguard meets Anne Frank's drumkit.

Quality in that season though and been a regular centre-back for us since 2012. Not really much others to pick from...

• Subscriber

I do think Morgan has been exposed a bit since then but he did pretty much everything he could that year. We built a system that maximised the strengths of our players and patched over the limitations, obviously the biggest part of this was Kante who pretty much allowed us to be able to keep a compact back four whenever. I honestly do think you could put us not kicking on afterwards as simply as saying we didn't try and sign a like for like replacement. Our recruitment was abysmal with the money wasted but the scandal really was not trying to get in somebody like him. Walsh taking Gueye to Everton I'm convinced was a huge blow for us as Ranieri never actually wanted Kante in the first place, so it wasn't really his doing.

But yeah as for Morgan, he's limited but as stated he was basically all we needed for the system we played. A centre half who's entire game was about blocking and tackling and not about pace or quality on the ball.

Archived