talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Old technology memories

football forum

• Subscriber

When we were kids my Dad used to take us out on a Saturday afternoon so my Mum could listen to the Cambridge game at home and type up her match report. These afternoons often consisted of us walking into TV shops and my Dad getting Ceefax up to check the scores and see if it was 'safe to go home' xD.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

That Ceefax/Teletext is a great shout.

I remember watching Eastenders during the week and having the in-vision scorelines (the minimised goal-flash alerts thing) at the bottom flick up. The praying and hoping that when your team comes up that you've scored/not conceded. 

• Subscriber
On 15/02/2019 at 20:10, Stan said:

Nokia phones that would have the battery life of at least a week. And they'd be resilient and solid as fuck.

Still got this Nokia mobile I bought the wife around 2000, even if it's charged now as we have the old charger it works fine and lasts for ages, still has a sim card in it but out of date now and if you try using it, it will say "Enter password", fucked if we can remember what the password is, the wife has not used it for years and it's been stuck in a bedroom drawer lol.   

53093794_10157088175057855_5250906963163

• Subscriber
On 19/02/2019 at 20:44, Pyfish said:

I miss my click wheel iPod. Yes, it was annoying carrying my phone and my iPod around but I loved JUST having music on a device.

Possibly one of the best things ever made in my lifetime. 

• 6 months later...
  • Subscriber
16 hours ago, MUFC said:

Strange remembering how I use to have a Walkman with songs on cassette. 

Not strange at all. At one point that was the only way to listen to music and it did come with its nuances just like any new tech does as well. 

Archived