• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2018/19 - Fifth Round Match Chat - 15-18th February, 2019

football forum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Will sympathise with Sarri though somewhat, that Chelsea team is full of shithouses. I’d be more inclined to bomb out the players that have been at Chelsea 4+ years than a manager, they’ve done the same for the past two or three, maybe more, managers at Chelsea. 

Well, when you go through that many managers and yet the performances are more are less the same, or should I say the attitude of the players is the same then you could rightly start looking at the dressing room... Sarri though for his part has not helped himself by sticking stubbornly to one way of playing even though it's not working.. If he had mixed things up a bit then at least he will have done all he could but sticking with the same players and same formation and tactics has certainly not helped matters...  

Not shocked by tonight really, hoped for better but expected the loss, United had something to prove after their loss where we come into this after a lackluster win against Malmo... United had the greater focus and will... 

Well done United.. better team on the night 

6 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Even for us, sacking Sarri after this doesn’t make sense. We have little chance of doing it but we’re a week way of going into the next round of the Europa League and winning a cup.

Cup final will only end one way. And for Europa, we concede a goal it's game over. This bunch doesn't have the mental strength for a comeback. 

All of the stuff we've complained about for seasons, are unfolding tonight. The club is a mess. 

I genuinely wish I could perform this level of incompetence, and still keep my job. 

55 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Sarri will be instrumental in his own downfall... only the most stubborn of people keep following the same formula for failure and not see the problem... Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results... 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sarri seems totally out of his depth. Can't seem to adapt or adjust to how games go. 

Definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results... 

• Subscriber

I have some sympathy for Sarri. He was literally brought in to implement his style of play so it makes no sense for him to alter his tactics to paper over the cracks in the short term if he was employed on the premise that he would implement his style over time with this team.

That said, it isn't working and Chelsea look like the easiest team to stop in the league at the moment. Get 9 men behind the ball and do nothing because unless Hazard takes on five players and scores himself, you're keeping a clean sheet.

There are a host of players in this Chelsea team who aren't good enough to play this way or aren't good enough at all, and the two key players brought in in the summer have been average at best despite the entirely predictable hype over Jorginho from football hipsters who wanted to look clever by wanking themselves silly over a good player who does things that aren't "obvious" even if he had a legitimately good start.

I don't think Sarri is a poor manager but looking at the squad and what he's been brought in to do it's really looking like a poorly thought out appointment from Chelsea.

Same shite really. Can't really post anything I haven't before. 

Poor starting lineup.

Poor in game management. 

Individual errors from the usual suspect leading to goals. 

No urgency or ideas up top. 

Concede earlier then fade to obscurity. 

Etc, etc, etc....

Going to need some hard drugs before I watch the same team lose to City on Sunday. 

43 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Cup final will only end one way. And for Europa, we concede a goal it's game over. The bunch doesn't have the mental strength for a comeback. 

All of the stuff we've complained about for seasons, are unfolding tonight. The club is a mess. 

I genuinely wish I could perform this level of incompetence, and still keep my job. 

I'm by far no means saying Sarri isn't in the wrong.

However, I'm fed up with some of these players. Particularly with our club we can be a bit black and white, it's either the players or the manager but this is a complete collective issue, the players, Sarri and the board itself.

In saying that however I've actually took the side of the players in the past, AVB, Scolari, Mourinho (2nd spell) but this time round I cannot help but put most of the blame on the players. I've seen this current crop down their tools under Mourinho (yes OK, a Mourinho third season whatever) but then Conte and now Sarri? Not forgetting wedged in between Mourinho and Conte was Hiddink. Yes there was a small revitalization under him but one of the worst performances I've ever seen from us was when we got knocked out against Everton in the FA Cup under Hiddink. A place in the semi finals at stake, Man United being the only big team left in it and we put in a truly dreadful performance, particularly on a mental level.  Yes squads may have changed slightly in this period but the bottom line, our squads, quality wise, haven't been good enough in recent years. We're underachieving considering the money we've spent. We used to be getting deep into Champions League not long go, there's a reason why we're not doing that anymore. The players. This was something I was saying 3/4 into the season when we won the league under Conte as well. Bar Hazard and Kanté, there's none of our players getting into either City's team, Liverpool's, Spurs' and even Man United's at a push. Compare what we've spent in comparison to Liverpool and Spurs for example, from the board to managers, collectively not good enough.

Doesn't make sense. Spend millions on getting Conte type players, only to sack him. Spend money on Sarri type players and knowing us we'll probably get someone in with a completely different style. 

I was done with Sarri a long time a go. He said he would need a few months to see his system and it is February we have the worst team under Roman.

When he subbed Zappacosta for Azpilicueta he was genuinely taking the piss. I swear he did it on purpose to piss me off.

We are in a relegation battle form in the 2019, how is this not enough for the cunt to be sacked? I was never the one to be a fan of managers being sacked but he is doing this on purpose. Stubborn even tough it is clear that this just isn't working.

• Subscriber

The media boys are having a field day about Sari and his maybe imminent departure, I will piss myself laughing if, and I say IF he survives the Chelsea Russian Tsar's owners wrath and boots him out...if he takes charge against City in the Cup match and they beat City, then a lot of the media boys will be saying what a great manager he is and he will take Chelsea further now. :coffee:

My thought's on the match when I was trying to watch it in between keeping a young grandson happy playing with his RoBox toys when Herrara scored the header I thought "Fuck, here we go, Chelsea will now score 3 and we will lose 3-1..." phew, glad I was wrong, I shite myself before the match when I saw the United team selection and Ole had rested DeGea and played Romero instead...:eek:

Delighted with the result and pleased to progress in a competition we've been largely awful in for the past 20 years. It's also good to see that the players can react positively after a defeat. I thought Pogba's pass for the opener was quality but what was up with the keeper for his goal? That was mad. 

Another away game in the next round against a very good Wolves side and we'll have to play well to get through. 

I'd be shocked if Sarri lasts another month to be honest. I really don't get what he is trying to do. Sure, he has a squad with a proven track record of downing tools and getting managers sacked but, like Jose at United, he certainly doesn't do himself any favours. 

It's pretty nailed on he won't be there next season and I am not sure why anyone would employ him going by his record at Chelsea

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

I will cut your face Luke

He has genuinely been awful this season. Truly. 

This whole month has been unacceptable in terms of performances and attitude. Sarri will get sacked. A new manager will come in. And the same thing will continue so long we don't have a massive overhaul. 

Obviously i am not being serious, i won't cut Luke i will stab him.

Azpilicueta is playing his worse season for the club, however i can name 15+ players in this squad that had worse seasons than him. He is my favorite player but when doesn't play well i wouldn't say otherwise. All these cunts were shit this season.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived