all 19.45 unless stated
Cheltenham vs Cambridge
Notts County vs Newport
Oldham vs Morecambe
Port Vale vs Tranmere

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wins for Villa, Bolton and Reading please.

Let's be fair, probably reaching with Bolton and Reading and Villa are a complete enigma, should be difficult but seemingly isn't. 

Not ideal watching the other clubs play their games and close in on us but you never know, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Given Sheff Utd and West Brom are 3rd and 4th respectively, they are the two I most want to drop points.

We need to bounce back after 3 consecutive defeats but Boro are tough to break down. I don't see it being a great game or there being many goals (most likely 1-0 to Boro) so I'm not too sure why Sky have decided to show it live! The injuries have cleared up bar Lenihan and while our overall play has been decent of late we either collapse at the back/switch off and concede late goals or we aren't good enough in attack. We are having a fantastic season overall, way beyond expectations, I just hope the season doesn't fizzle out for us. 

Portsmouth are in serious danger of letting a very promising season pass them by.

No wins in six now. First Luton, now Barnsley have reeled them in. Kenny Jackett needs to turn it around quick or automatic will go.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Aston Villa. Absolutely useless.

I didn't expect much from Bolton or Reading but Villa just seem to roll over and die at the mo.

This isn't all about Grealish surely @Fairy In Boots

Think he’s why we lost momentum think cracks are appearing now in the dressing room though. Probably got a few that know they’re not here next year

• Subscriber

Another hard-fought victory for Grimsby today. Makes it 4 wins in our last 4 and only 7 points off the playoffs now, We looked like a decent team this afternoon and Ludvig Ohman, our Swedish defender, is looking like an absolute bargain buy.

Been a couple of weeks since I last posted, and nothing has changed. The club is truly a shambles, from top to bottom. 

I know Norwich are flying but it looked like we were playing different sports. Leitner, who came on for half an hour, made more passes than any player on our team, ffs.

It's a joke, and even diehard season ticket holders since the 70s are refusing to go. The official attendance was around 5-6k higher than the reality, and it has been plummeting since December. It's not the losing that is the issue (we've had a lot of that since Coyle took over), it's the utter chore of watching the hapless manager change personnel (over 100 match-to-match changes this season), but refuse to change his ludicrous 'tactic' of 'defend with 30% possession and pray it finishes 0-0'. Somehow, it worked against Birmingham (he's good at winning 1 in 10), but in every game, we look blindly inept.

We'll go down in 24th, nailed on. Even worse than Ipswich. God knows where the club will be financially in May. I predict administration to start next season.

Football has lost its fun.

• Subscriber

So went to Cambridge vs Tranmere yesterday, finished 0-0 but it wasn’t the worst game 

First half was edged by Cambridge, particularly in the clear cut chances column. Davies in the Tranmere goal made a number of good saves, including a point blank reaction stop from a corner late in the half and a nice double save at the feet of Amoo although I think he should have done better with the first shot. He was also in the wars and went down injured about three times much to the annoyance of the home crowd

Calderwood has done a great job steadying the ship since he’s come in and i believe they are fourth in the form table in that time so it’s a difficult place to go.

Second half was edged by Tranmere with the best chance falling to James Norwood goal machine but who thrashed at a volley with his wrong foot when chipped through on goal but who had so much time to take a touch and fire home.

Both sides settled for a point after about 70 minutes which was disappointing but all in all a relatively entertaining watch at a nice proper old school league stadium 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

@Storts you go to Cambridge often?

Not too often, maybe once a season, between Spurs and Stortford I don’t get much opportunity to go to other football, but my friend from uni was down as a Tranmere fan and since we were knocked out the cup it was perfect timing.

Went a bit more frequently when I was around 15/17 as a few of my mates from school had season tickets 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived