The better place to talk football.

Peru Primera Division Adopt a Team

football forum

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nudge said:

Jesus Christ xD 

Haha - very traditional side in Peru. Some usually say they are the 4th biggest here, but I disagree with that. They have a couple titles but since the 1990's have been a yoyo team. Always playing in the Primera or Segunda Division.

Just now, Cannabis said:

I would join but am gutted that I cant have Sport Boys. The campest of footballing camp. 

Go on @Blue. Don't disappoint me.

Your team is Binacional

noticia-binacional.jpg

deportivo-binacional.jpg

Binacional @Cannabis 

Binacional are a newly founded club, not even a decade old yet (2010). They are originally from the Puno region, based on the border with Bolivia near Desaguadero. Hence the name "Binacional". They were promoted via Copa Peru in 2017 and are in the Copa Sudamericana. They will take on Independiente of Argentina in the first round.

They also play at staggering heights, at around 3800 metres above sea level!

Sport Boys @nudge

Like I said, a very traditional club with 6 titles and a big fanbase. They are based in Callao, a port city next to Lima and the birthplace of Claudio Pizarro. That's also where the airport is located! They have been a yoyo team since the 1990's and won their last title in 1984, with the rest being won before 1960.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Sport Boys @nudge

Like I said, a very traditional club with 6 titles and a big fanbase. They are based in Callao, a port city next to Lima and the birthplace of Claudio Pizarro. That's also where the airport is located! They have been a yoyo team since the 1990's and won their last title in 1984, with the rest being won before 1960.

Well why didn't you mention that first? :x

Come on Sport Boys! 

Just now, nudge said:

Well why didn't you mention that first? :x

Come on Sport Boys! 

Haha, well I'm sure Pizarro is actually an Alianza Lima fan, but yes, he is a Chalaco (that's what the people from Callao are called)

Callao is also where you can have the best ceviche in the world.

Just now, Lucas said:

Yeah why not @Blue, might learn something new.

Although I have to say @nudge has the best side straight off the bat for that kit alone. 

Your team is FBC Melgar

3871.png

melgar1502.jpg?itok=nMy6tVPb

FBC Melgar

This is the team who I believe to be the 4th biggest in the country. Arequipa's very own. They have 2 titles, one in 1981 and the other in 2015. They have a big fanbase (their whole city essentially) and have been one of the most consistent teams in Peru since the start of the decade. Their manager is Pautasso, former assistant of Tata Martino and a Bielsa favourite. Currently they are in the Copa Libertadores 3rd round, and will play against Caracas FC of Venezuela for a shot at the group stage spot.

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

Your team is FBC Melgar

3871.png

melgar1502.jpg?itok=nMy6tVPb

FBC Melgar

This is the team who I believe to be the 4th biggest in the country. Arequipa's very own. They have 2 titles, one in 1981 and the other in 2015. They have a big fanbase (their whole city essentially) and have been one of the most consistent teams in Peru since the start of the decade. Their manager is Pautasso, former assistant of Tata Martino and a Bielsa favourite. Currently they are in the Copa Libertadores 3rd round, and will play against Caracas FC of Venezuela for a shot at the group stage spot.

They sound like my cup of tea to be fair. Big fan base, don't win a lot but can hold their own. Nice colours too.

And you had me sold just mentioning Bielsa.

Up the Melgar.

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

Thanks for the consideration mate but I think I'll pass. I don't think I'll be able to find the time to commit to this I'm afraid! 

Haha, up to you mate but it's not really a whole lot of effort. Just giving you a team to follow :) 

5 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Blue I'll take part (even though you didn't invite me ¬¬) remember I voted for you as member of the year so give me a decent team 

Haha, that's really not enough to make me budge with a request like that (I also apologize for not responding to your DM's, I'm awful at messaging)

Anyways, your team is Academia Cantolao

Academia_Deportiva_Cantolao.png

noticia-1550282412-cantolao.jpg

Will do the write up in a bit. Just woke up.

21 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Oooh can I have one? Just been looking at the results from the weekend. Is it normal to have all those red cards?

Some weeks are absolutely mad, others are relatively calm. The standard of refereeing in general is terrible here, some of the red cards on the weekend were incorrect decisions if you ask me. Although there have been a couple games where there have been 4 players sent off in a game. Of course, you can never forget the odd dog running onto the pitch. Happened this weekend actually xD

Your team is Alianza Lima

Alianza+Lima.png

5c66c1f568870.jpeg

Academia Cantolao @Gunnersauraus 

Founded in the 1980's, Cantolao has been very much an academy team for most of it's existence, with the team only reaching the top flight back in 2016. They are known for producing some of the best Peruvian youth products, with footballers such as Claudio Pizarro, Carlos Zambrano and Yoshimar Yotun as a few examples.

Alianza Lima @Pyfish 

You could make an argument they are the biggest team in the country. 23 titles in the country, second only behind Universitario de Deportes. Currently they have the best squad in Peru and have ex Boca Juniors Copa Libertadores winning manager in Miguel Angel Russo. Their rival is, of course, Universitario whom both are the 2 big teams of Peru. Most recently champions in 2017 and are now in the Copa Libertadores group stage, alongside River Plate, Internacional and Talleres/Palestino.

Archived