talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Have Tottenham overachieved?

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Tottenham do not deserve the tag of 'bottlers'. That is Liverpool's tag, a far bigger club who have fallen when it comes close to success for years.

Yeah I don't think Tottenham have produced any quite like Liverpool 2014. Think as well Liverpool if they don't win it this year have bottled it to a degree. I think they bottled that game against us big time. They win that game they're looking like they could romp it but they were poor. Could easily have lost it too.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have overachieved with what they have spent definitely. They have an exceptional manager. If I'm honest I can't think of any manager in the world who.jas done what poch has done with the money he has spent.

22 hours ago, Inverted said:

In terms of the quality of the squad, they are about where they should be.

In terms of their financial resources, they are massively overperforming. 

To me Poch's biggest strength is squad-building and developing players, not necessarily the game-by-game tactical aspect.

I agree that the quality of the squad is excellent and in that regard they're not overperforming.

But there was some doom and gloom on the internet from Spurs supporters because of the lack of spending, not starting the season with a real home, etc... and a lot of that went away but then resurfaced with those 2 big injuries to Spurs. So I think in that regard, they're overperforming because even Spurs fans are probably surprised that they're keeping the pace, other than the crazy delusional ones on reddit.

I agree Poch is great at squad building and developing players... but I'd also argue also a great tactician, that dismantling of Dortmund after his second half adjustments I think highlights that he's got a hell of a lot of tactical nuance about him.

Archived