talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Returning Isis fighters

football forum

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's a British Citizen, we have a legal obligation to deal with her. If there were foreign national criminals in the UK we'd want to be able to expel them so we have to take on our responsibility here. When she arrives she should be arrested and charged with treason/joining an active terrorist organisation. A lengthy prison sentence to follow.

I don't really understand how she's not being prosecuted by Assad's regime.

I would expect their counter-terrorism laws to be at least as strong as ours, and she was active in a terrorist group on their soil, not ours. 

Ideally the baby could be brought back here, and the Syrian government could do whatever it saw fit with her there. 

36 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I don't really understand how she's not being prosecuted by Assad's regime.

I would expect their counter-terrorism laws to be at least as strong as ours, and she was active in a terrorist group on their soil, not ours. 

Ideally the baby could be brought back here, and the Syrian government could do whatever it saw fit with her there. 

Everyone has a different Isis to fight bro, and she was with the Isis which Assad's regime aren't fighting hence dont fall under the counter terrorism laws

30 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Everyone has a different Isis to fight bro, and she was with the Isis which Assad's regime aren't fighting hence dont fall under the counter terrorism laws

Having read more into her situation it seems she's in Kurdish custody, and they're asking that where possible foreign fighters are prosecuted in their home countries.

Which makes sense from their perspective.

This is tough on her kid, but I don’t give a fuck about our obligations to her as a citizen. She doesn’t need to be charged with anything because it’s a waste of time and money - she went off to join ISIS and now after a husband and some kids die she’s not having fun anymore. She doesn’t deserve a day in court.

Fuck her, let her rot with the Kurds until they decide to shoot her.

55 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This is tough on her kid, but I don’t give a fuck about our obligations to her as a citizen. She doesn’t need to be charged with anything because it’s a waste of time and money - she went off to join ISIS and now after a husband and some kids die she’s not having fun anymore. She doesn’t deserve a day in court.

She should count herself lucky it was the Kurds who got her and not Assad or the Al-Nusra. 

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Let her come back, though don’t bother with a “rescue mission”, and arrest her upon arrival for joining a terrorist organisation. It’s genuinely that simple.

The problem is it will cost the tax payer millions over the course of her life to contain her at her majesty’s pleasure. And you can get bet good money she’ll spend her time inside helping to radicalise them even further. It’s absolutely rude in our prisons at present. 

7 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

The problem is it will cost the tax payer millions over the course of her life to contain her at her majesty’s pleasure. And you can get bet good money she’ll spend her time inside helping to radicalise them even further. It’s absolutely rude in our prisons at present. 

That’s life, all prisoners cost loads. And that last bit is just your opinion and you can’t say that will definitely happen. 

4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

That’s life, all prisoners cost loads. And that last bit is just your opinion and you can’t say that will definitely happen. 

Without going down the rabbit hole, just do a bit of research into radicalisation in UK prisons. 

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Have you ever met a Scouse Evertonian? They’re the same as us, except angrier.

Prefer Everton fans, the best type of scouser.  Liverpool fans are the footballing equivalent of radical religious nutters, hence the reason they’re disliked. 

On 18/02/2019 at 15:19, Dr. Gonzo said:

Her Husband is still alive, he was captured, he is Dutch a national Isis fighter. 

Image result for begum husband

Archived