Rebecca Ferguson
Dave Bautista
Stellan Skarsgård
Charlotte Rampling
Oscar Isaac
Javier Bardem 
Josh Brolin
Jason Momoa

Loved the books and the previous adaptations were decent too. Two movies are planned so far. Really looking forward to this!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Denis Villeneuve is one of the most exciting directors around if you look at his vita. So naturally there's reason to be hyped about this, and the cast looks fine too. Timothée Chalamet is the most gifted young actor I've seen for a while. 

Despite being a fan of David Lynch, I didn't fancy his version of Dune. 

I am excited about Dennis Villeneuve taking over the project. But here's the important bit:

* If he tries to make it a commercial hit (which studios might pressure him into), then this will make money but will most probably look average. 

* If he is given complete creative freedom (and Roger Deakins to work with), then it will probably bomb at box office but the movie will be brilliant. Bit like Blade Runner 2049. 

I really, really, really hope the second possibility comes true. 

• 11 months later...
  • Subscriber

So apparently the first promo footage of the Dune has screened and is already being praised by those who've seen it. 

https://movieweb.com/dune-movie-2020-first-footage-description/

"As a follow-up re my opinion on new Dune based only on the footage I saw (since people are curious), I think this will blow people away the way LOTR did 20 years ago, the way Star Wars did 40 years ago. It's not Jodorowsky or Lynch, but maybe Villeneuve has filmed the un-filmable." - Brian Clement (sci-fi author)

Sounds great.

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What about Tenet? 

Villeneuve>Nolan.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love Nolan's movies, and Tenet will have the hype and it looks interesting, but for me Villeneuve is just on another level. And this is Dune, man. The potential is just way, way more.

If this is half as good as Blade Runner 2049 was, then I have got one more  movie to watch over and over again.

2 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Villeneuve>Nolan.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love Nolan's movies, and Tenet will have the hype and it looks interesting, but for me Villeneuve is just on another level. And this is Dune, man. The potential is just way, way more.

If this is half as good as Blade Runner 2049 was, then I have got one more  movie to watch over and over again.

Agreed actually. Villeneuve has produced nothing but class so far. I even liked Enemy that received very mixed reviews. 

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

Meh, it's ok, although I also find it kind of underwhelming and think it looks just like any blockbuster trailer. Also, is this supposed to be a young adult adaptation? Because Paul Atreides looks, acts and talks like an emo teenager.

• The title was changed to Dune 2021 [Potential Spoilers!]

Archived