talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-0 Bayern Munich (1st Leg) - Tuesday 19th February, 2019

football forum

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't able to watch any of last weeks games but I'm proper looking forward to this. Liverpool should win, but Bayern to me strike me as having that touch of class in them and despite underachieving, could overturn Liverpool regardless. I think the home team needs to be careful of underperforming, if so then we could see Bayern take the tie.

• Subscriber

Slight blessing in disguise that we're playing them at home first and then away because we're without Virgil and whenever we've had a disruption in personnel at the back its caused some kind of shakiness to the overall game. I think on paper we should be able to beat them but our midfield is going to have put a tremendous shift in here.

10 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Slight blessing in disguise that we're playing them at home first and then away because we're without Virgil and whenever we've had a disruption in personnel at the back its caused some kind of shakiness to the overall game. I think on paper we should be able to beat team but our midfield is going to have put a tremendous shift in here.

I actually think they are better on paper, but if we're looking at form then yes, you should be able to take this.

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, Blue said:

I actually think they are better on paper, but if we're looking at form then yes, you should be able to take this.

If you're going by just who they have then yes they have a much better lineup but we're playing at home and that always makes this team do the unthinkable especially when it comes to European games. I don't think they're going to make it easy on us at all and if we can stop their midfield we'll get a lot of joy on the night. I am just glad we got Gini back when we did and if you couple that with Fabinho then we have a good platform to feel better about. The real problem will be if they get past that mid-guard because our defensive center is nowhere close to what we started out with and if both Gomez and VVD were available we'd stand a better chance of not conceding on the night. 

14 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Just fucking great. Wasn't expecting Lovren to be fit anyways, but Firmino news is terrible. Apparently has a virus. 

If Bobby remains unavailable, then go with 4-3-3 with Shaq on the right. 

Totally expect it to be Hendo, Milner and Gini midfield with Fabinho as a CB.

It shocks me liverpool fans aren't more pessimistic about this game. 

I'm pretty sure we'll lose or maybe scrape a draw.

We have no defense, and we're playing one of the best attacks in Europe who've only dropped 3 points in the league since late November. 

Just because it's Europe people think we'll pull something out of our ass but worth noting Bayern have a great record against us and are a side with even more pedigree in the competition. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Just because it's Europe people think we'll pull something out of our ass but worth noting Bayern have a great record against us and are a side with even more pedigree in the competition. 

Wrong on both counts but we've not played them for about 18 years in a competitive match so it's irrelevant anyway

3 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Just fucking great. Wasn't expecting Lovren to be fit anyways, but Firmino news is terrible. Apparently has a virus. 

If Bobby remains unavailable, then go with 4-3-3 with Shaq on the right. 

Totally expect it to be Hendo, Milner and Gini midfield with Fabinho as a CB.

Hope Keita plays instead of Milner.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 0-0 Bayern Munich (1st Leg) - Tuesday 19th February, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived