talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-0 Bayern Munich (1st Leg) - Tuesday 19th February, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber

First half was a decent tactical game, both teams looked a threat. At least the last 30 minutes Bayern showed no ambition which is surprising against that Liverpool defence which showed signs of vulnerability.

Last year's Liverpool would have spanked Bayern last night. I don't think these longer breaks like this one and the one before the West Ham game (I think) are helping them either. They're a bit uncertain at the moment and sitting on the sidelines while Man City romp into the latter stages of both domestic cups, win at Everton, beat Chelsea 6-0 and generally generate momentum without breaking a sweat isn't a good situation for Liverpool. Their game at Old Trafford on the weekend is massive as it could either kickstart their sprint to the finish or turn this slight wobble into something prolonged.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

For a goalless game I thought it was fairly entertaining. Im very happy with the result, It spells for an exciting second leg.

On the James front Id chalk it up to a poor match. Generally hes been pretty decent, part of it is hes not seeing alot of starts. Last year he looked really good and comfortable whenever called upon. It still seems like hes unsettled, to me there is something going on behind the scenes and something to all these rumours that have been non stop since he got here practically.

Shite game to watch but 0-0 is a good result for us because we are capable of scoring a couple of away goals against anybody. Once again though i didn't like our approach to another big game this season, like Man City away there wasn't enough urgency in our performance we had chances to hit them hard on the counter but decided to play safe instead which may have been the best thing to do if we can get the result at the Allianz.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived