• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Schalke 2-3 Manchester City (1st Leg) - Wednesday 20th February, 2019

football forum

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/02/2019 at 18:29, Mel81x said:

Smash and grab for City. They'll probably not need to worry about the second leg when they are done.

City don't really do smash and grabs. 

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I suppose you're right they just smash.

I think a smash and grab is the best way to try to get a result in Germany but city just don't do that. They play one way and won't just sit back and hit on the counter

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think a smash and grab is the best way to try to get a result in Germany but city just don't do that. They play one way and won't just sit back and hit on the counter

I haven't really seen Schalke this season but from what I have read in the forums they're struggling while City are on the rise and they've only been getting better. They'll want this first leg to be the one that settles it all so you're right they won't just sit back and let things happen. I can see Pep fielding a strong outfit considering their next game is over a week away.

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I haven't really seen Schalke this season but from what I have read in the forums they're struggling while City are on the rise and they've only been getting better. They'll want this first leg to be the one that settles it all so you're right they won't just sit back and let things happen. I can see Pep fielding a strong outfit considering their next game is over a week away.

City should win over 2 legs definitely. At the same time though football is a funny game. We lost to BATE the other week. Even the most pessimistic arsenal fan didn't see that coming

Just now, Tommy said:

Clear handball :o 

He's trying to get his arm out of the way. Open to interpretation.

City do look a big shaky and the back but very good going forward

VAR is awful. The referee didn't even look at the decision, that's not how things should be in my opinion.

He should get feedback and be let know when he made a mistake. If he has VAR available, then he should look at it. That is on the contrary to the situation with linesman.

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

How's it a pen when his arms behind his back?? xD

If it was behind his back, then how did it get hit with the ball? He was trying to get his arm behind his back, but he didn't. 

• The title was changed to Schalke 2-3 Manchester City (1st Leg) - Wednesday 20th February, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived