talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Schalke 2-3 Manchester City (1st Leg) - Wednesday 20th February, 2019

football forum

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

How's it a pen when his arms behind his back?? xD

He had time to get his arm completely out the way. Its a bit harsh and you may sometimes not get it given. If it was against my team I would except it.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-1. I agree with the penalty but I don't agree that the referee just gave it without even checking back. Kills the purpose of VAR in my opinion. That's what you have linesmen for.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

VAR is awful. The referee didn't even look at the decision, that's not how things should be in my opinion.

He should get feedback and be let know when he made a mistake. If he has VAR available, then he should look at it. That is on the contrary to the situation with linesman.

He can have enough information to make a decision. They don't in other sports. Did take to long though but var supporters have admited it will take time to get it right

1 minute ago, Blue said:

1-1. I agree with the penalty but I don't agree that the referee just gave it without even checking back. Kills the purpose of VAR in my opinion. That's what you have linesmen for.

Apparently there are technical difficulties with the screen at the sidelines. So he didn't have the option to check it himself. 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

He can have enough information to make a decision. They don't in other sports. Did take to long though but var supporters have admited it will take time to get it right

If he has the video available, he should be checking it to make the decision himself. I understand sometimes referees are told by his assistants when he's made a mistake but that was before there was video available.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

If he has the video available, he should be checking it to make the decision himself. I understand sometimes referees are told by his assistants when he's made a mistake but that was before there was video available.

He doesn't necessarily need to though Bryan. If he is given enough information he can base his decision on that. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Apparently there are technical difficulties with the screen at the sidelines. So he didn't have the option to check it himself. 

Happens sometimes I suppose. With all the money in the UCL though I would have expected better!

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

I've been saying this for years. How have you missed it?

I don't rate him and never have. That's me though.

Yeah think you may be on your own with that one.

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

He doesn't necessarily need to though Bryan. If he is given enough information he can base his decision on that. 

Kills the purpose of VAR then I would say. Just have someone in a room tell the referee everything in that case.

• The title was changed to Schalke 2-3 Manchester City (1st Leg) - Wednesday 20th February, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived