talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea (2) vs (1) Malmo - Thursday 21st February, 2019 (2nd Leg)

football forum

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bluewolf said:

CHO has had a fairly decent half, got a great turn of pace on him... be a massive shame if we waste that talent 

The thing is mate, since Mourinho's return, we're a team that just seems to channel everything through our wingers and hope they come up something. There's no sort of good movement or playing patterns, nothing inventive on a mutual level. I think under Sarri in the first few months of the season we were a lot better as we were braver with committing players forward.

This is going to sound a bit strange considering our recent results but I think after that Tottenham game at Wembley Sarri shat himself a bit and we're more worried about the defensive side of things now but aren't (of course) pulling that off well enough.

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Dave has fallen off a cliff. Panics when he receives the ball under pressure. 

No urgency driving forward and no ideas up front. CHO the only one looking to make things happen 

I was thinking the same first half,  another poor performance from the captain. I remember with the three centre backs under Conte teams used to target Cahill with the press because of the struggles he can have on the ball. The more Dave plays, it wouldn't surprise me to see teams start to target him when pressing. In saying that you know who plays on the left hand side so maybe teams will take their pick.

3 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

I was thinking the same first half,  another poor performance from the captain. I remember with the three centre backs under Conte teams used to target Cahill with the press because of the struggles he can have on the ball. The more Dave plays, it wouldn't surprise me to see teams start to target him when pressing. In saying that you know who plays on the left hand side so maybe teams will take their pick.

Our wingers don't help our full backs enough, given their lack of technical ability. Pedro always seems to leave Dave isolated. And we know Dave can't work his way out of a high press on his ability. 

Just a mess all around. 

• Administrator

Good goal that but as said above, don't see it as frequently any more. I can understand that there's a transition phase for Sarri to implement his tactics and 'philosophy' with some players that perhaps aren't used to it, but there's been so many times especially in the first half where the ball was on to Willian or CHO but Chelsea were just so laboured in playing that ball out wide where there's space.

18 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

The thing is mate, since Mourinho's return, we're a team that just seems to channel everything through our wingers and hope they come up something. There's no sort of good movement or playing patterns, nothing inventive on a mutual level. I think under Sarri in the first few months of the season we were a lot better as we were braver with committing players forward.

This is going to sound a bit strange considering our recent results but I think after that Tottenham game at Wembley Sarri shat himself a bit and we're more worried about the defensive side of things now but aren't (of course) pulling that off well enough.

You could be right there... given how fragile we are at the back we would be better off continuing to push forward and keep the pressure on the opposition that way, let them worry about what we can do rather than this semi cautious approach we are taking..  

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Selling this lad will be such a mistake. 

Destined for big things. 

Lets hope those big things come in a Chelsea shirt... Can understand the frustration these young players must feel after playing well and then not getting a look in game after game, must fuck them right off... especially with the players chosen ahead of him performing average at best each game.. 

50 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

You could be right there... given how fragile we are at the back we would be better off continuing to push forward and keep the pressure on the opposition that way, let them worry about what we can do rather than this semi cautious approach we are taking..  

In the losses against the bigger teams, we've sort of been blown away a bit and out fought. In the other games against smaller teams where we've done bad, we've allowed them to grow into games. I think there's been a mentality switch since that Spurs game where we're now more worried about conceding which is affecting the team mentally.

Interestingly in Mourinho's second spell in the season where we won the title, a bad defeat to Spurs was the catalyst for change. Under Conte it was Arsenal. Our biggest enemies sparking change, a weird link there for the three managers. 

Odoi was MOTM especially in the second half. Happy to advance but the same problems in the system remained. I remember Sarri saying Kante is slow with the ball? Clueless cunt. I can only hope the lads play for their pride as they were raped in our last encounter.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived