talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Europa League - Other Knockout Matches (2nd Leg)

football forum

• Administrator

Wednesday 20th February, 2019
Sevilla (1) vs (0) Lazio, 17.00

Thursday 21st February, 2019
all 17.55 (GMT) kick-offs
Dinamo Zagreb (1) vs (2) Viktoria Plzen
Eintracht Frankfurt (2) vs (2) Shakhtar Donetsk
RB Salzburg (1) vs (2) Club Brugge
Napoli (3) vs (1) FC Zurich
Villarreal (1) vs (0) Sporting Lisbon
Zenit (0) vs (1) Fenerbahce

all 20.00 (GMT) kick-offs
Bayer Leverkusen (0) vs (0) FC Krasnodar
Benfica (2) vs (1) Galatasaray
Dynamo Kiev (2) vs (2) Olympiacos
Genk (0) vs (0) Slavia Prague
Real Betis (3) vs (3) Rennes

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Two red cards in the game. One each - Vazquez sent off for 2 bookable offences. Anthony Taylor has just sent off Marusic for Lazio now. Looked like an elbow to the face, straight red.

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Frankfurt 2-0 up against Shakthar. Nice. They continue to impress in the Europa League after their awesome Group phase where they beat Lazio and Marseille. 

Dark horses for the competition I think. 

I'd say Valencia and Sevilla are favourites, the latter moreso. Reckon Frankfurt have it in them to go far and reach the final.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Dark horses for the competition I think. 

I'd say Valencia and Sevilla are favourites, the latter moreso. Reckon Frankfurt have it in them to go far and reach the final.

I hope so. They're a great club with even greater supporters. Best club in Germany atmosphere wise. Meanwhile it's 4-1 :D Done and dusted. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

2-0! Although they were 2-0 up last week too so you never know what could still happen...

Well done Rennes, I was worried after their collapse against Betis and then losing this weekend, but hopefully this one will stick!

So far in the knockouts 3 Bundesliga sides have either been thrashed, knocked out or have the tie practically lost.

Where are the jokers who keep putting ninja emojis at the end of all their bundesliga posts?

Utterly embarrassing for Sporting Lisbon btw. Villarreal are trying to stay up in La Liga ffs.

I'm hoping to avoid Chelsea and Arsenal but I'm confident we can beat anyone here. Sevilla basically own this competition so it would be nice if the cunts could play someone else as well...

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

mickey mouse league

I think Bayern will go out too and the only Bundesliga side keeping it respectable is Frankfurt. Fair play to them because as a neutral I usually expect more from the sides that do get knocked out (Schalke, Gladbach, Leverkusen)

I'll give Frankfurt their full credit if they win the thing but otherwise it's just proven again that the league is bang average at best.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

I think Bayern will go out too and the only Bundesliga side keeping it respectable is Frankfurt. Fair play to them because as a neutral I usually expect more from the sides that do get knocked out (Schalke, Gladbach, Leverkusen)

I'll give Frankfurt their full credit if they win the thing but otherwise it's just proven again that the league is bang average at best.

I'm confused. You're surprised Schalke, Gladbach, and Leverkusen got knocked out? 

Schalke is trying not to get relegated and is playing one of the most talented teams in all of Europe. 

Gladback didn't make any Euro competitions. 

Leverkusen was a surprise, but surely BvB losing 3-0 is a bigger shocker?!?

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm confused. You're surprised Schalke, Gladbach, and Leverkusen got knocked out? 

Schalke is trying not to get relegated and is playing one of the most talented teams in all of Europe. 

Gladback didn't make any Euro competitions. 

Leverkusen was a surprise, but surely BvB losing 3-0 is a bigger shocker?!?

I don't care about their league position. I'm talking about GRANDEUR as a neutral.

Given Leverkusen and Schalke usually qualify for these tournaments and how highly and wrongly rated the Bundesliga is, I would expect better.

They don't because besides Bayern, the league is bang average. There is good talent in there I'll admit but they never seem to click.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't care about their league position. I'm talking about GRANDEUR as a neutral.

Given Leverkusen and Schalke usually qualify for these tournaments and how highly and wrongly rated the Bundesliga is, I would expect better.

They don't because besides Bayern, the league is bang average. There is good talent in there I'll admit but they never seem to click.

You really are the densest fuckwit sometimes.

"I don't care how good this side actually is, I care about how good I think they're supposed to be based off their recent history and budget"

Utter pillock 

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You really are the densest fuckwit sometimes.

"I don't care how good this side actually is, I care about how good I think they're supposed to be based off their recent history and budget"

Utter pillock 

I'm a neutral when it comes to the Bundesliga. When I see a team like Schalke and Leverkusen consistently qualify, I'd expect better from one of the supposed best leagues in the world no?

They really don't help themselves.

14 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm a neutral when it comes to the Bundesliga. When I see a team like Schalke and Leverkusen consistently qualify, I'd expect better from one of the supposed best leagues in the world no?

They really don't help themselves.

They:89_clap: Aren't:89_clap: Good:89_clap: Teams:89_clap: Just:89_clap: Because:89_clap: You:89_clap: Think:89_clap: They:89_clap: Should:89_clap: Be.

Schalke are fighting relegation under a head coach who has absolutely no clue. Leverkusen are going okay. Just okay by their standards. Imagine if I was here waffling on that Manchester United should be doing better this season because they're Manchester united and didn't have a fucking single clue about how the team was actually functioning this season

That's you right now.

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

They:89_clap: Aren't:89_clap: Good:89_clap: Teams:89_clap: Just:89_clap: Because:89_clap: You:89_clap: Think:89_clap: They:89_clap: Should:89_clap: Be.

Schalke are fighting relegation under a head coach who has absolutely no clue. Leverkusen are going okay. Just okay by their standards. Imagine if I was here waffling on that Manchester United should be doing better this season because they're Manchester united and didn't have a fucking single clue about how the team was actually functioning this season

That's you right now.

If they don't have good season consistency then that doesn't help the league look of a better standard

• The topic was unpinned

Archived