• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Catalunya Testing

football forum

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Red Bull are apparently introducing a new rear wing today that is supposed to bring more balance and downforce. According to Horner, GPS data shows a clear advantage that Ferrari has compared to them and Mercedes but they hope to reduce the gap with the help of the new wing.

Also Kimi just posted a mad lap time of 1:17.762 :o :x

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Imagine Ferrari and Alfa Romeo dominating. Grazie Ragazzi on critical levels :D

Sauber Sauber Sauber :ph34r: Anyway yeah this is very promising. Overall fastest time of the week so far and they are already 1.3 seconds better than their best time in last year's pre-season and pretty close to the overall best time in last year's testing.

Also - Hülkenberg posted third-best overall time without DRS at 1:18.800.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Racing Point is going to take some getting used to. Absolutely shocking name. Sort of name you'd get on a game as a default name when you make your own team.

A Pro Evo version of F1 xD 

football forum

Good to hear that the Williams finally got on track although a lack of laps and a slow time doesn't bode well. 

I'm just catching up on everything that has happened, been working away so didn't have access to Sky F1. Will have a binge watch tomorrow night :).

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Why is testing done at Catalunya and not various venues to potentially test for different race conditions?

Such as?

Maybe because it's quite easy to reach for every team? I don't know to be honest :35_thinking:

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Such as?

Maybe because it's quite easy to reach for every team? I don't know to be honest :35_thinking:

No idea. Just some more places or a couple of other alternatives given there's so many varying conditions that teams have to compete with in a race calendar. 

I'm not particularly fussed really, just a thought that popped in to my head. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived