talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Catalunya Testing

football forum

football forum

Ted Kravitz was the best F1 reporter that Sky had, it's a massive loss if he has indeed been sacked - especially if that buffoon from India is taking his place. 

Hopefully someone picks him up because I'd tune in just to see him, Ted's Notebook was a part of the race weekend just like practice of qualy.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Karun Chandhok? He's not bad at all. But there's no reason to get red of Ted. 

Yeah him, right whopper.

4 hours ago, nudge said:

I watched all of the testing this week with Sky commentators and was extremely happy when I found the button that turns the commentary off completely. Awful. 

Those weren't the proper GP SKY commentators though. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Those weren't the proper GP SKY commentators though. 

I have heard enough of Brundle & Crofty and for me that is anything but "proper"... Well Brundle is alright but I'm talking about the team as a whole.

In the testing coverage this week they had different people taking turns in the commentary box; Crofty, Johnny Herbert, Simon Lazenby and Chandhok (who at least talked about technical side of things unlike the rest of them 90% of the time) were all there so only Brundle was missing really. I understand that commentating 4 hours of testing is quite a challenge but I seriously couldn't stand it. 

• Subscriber

Or more likely it was all pre-planned... I don't think it's possible to bring as many updates over a few days that they had between testings; certainly not considering that certain aero parts can take weeks to make. Probably they were just running internal systems checks mostly during the first week in Catalunya, using additional time for wind tunnel testing of the 'new' aero package we're seeing today.

football forum

Good that the problems are coming in testing for each team rather than Australia. Interesting to see that Mercedes have brought a completely new wing to the track this week. 

46 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Good that the problems are coming in testing for each team rather than Australia. Interesting to see that Mercedes have brought a completely new wing to the track this week. 

Not just the wing. 

uNik6kl.jpg

TYGtNbo.jpg

ptZhR4d.jpg

5sNhAvi.jpg

*Oh oh's in Italian* 

football forum

It's interesting because I thought that talk of Ferrari being way ahead was just Wolff's mind games but it does look as though they felt threatened or else they wouldn't change the car so much. I see that the coathanger is still hanging out of the back which is always a good look xD. Looking forward to seeing what lap times Hamilton and Bottas put down this week even though they won't be going full throttle. 

Interesting that McLaren seem to be on pace too, they've seemed to get through testing quite well so far which has been the total opposite to the last two years. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

26 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Not just the wing. 

uNik6kl.jpg

TYGtNbo.jpg

ptZhR4d.jpg

5sNhAvi.jpg

*Oh oh's in Italian* 

23 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

It's interesting because I thought that talk of Ferrari being way ahead was just Wolff's mind games but it does look as though they felt threatened or else they wouldn't change the car so much. I see that the coathanger is still hanging out of the back which is always a good look xD. Looking forward to seeing what lap times Hamilton and Bottas put down this week even though they won't be going full throttle. 

Interesting that McLaren seem to be on pace too, they've seemed to get through testing quite well so far which has been the total opposite to the last two years. 

I'm not buying it. There's just no way they could design and manufacture all composite parts required for an upgrade of such scale in just a few days as a reaction to feeling threatened by or being behind Ferrari during the first week of testing. AMuS article today actually quotes Mercedes engineers saying that those new aero package parts are dated in January and they just ran a spec-B car during the first week while they were still working on (wind tunnel testing) the spec-A car aero that they brought in this week. 

• Subscriber

Alex Albon with a 1.17.4 lap on C3 tyres and 1:16.882 personal best; looking good, especially for a rookie! Judging from the testing, midfield will be very close this year. Hope Sauber can come out on top and also hope Honda PU beats Renault.

And the biggest wow factor this morning - 1.17.253 from Leclerc on C2 tyres allegedly :o That's very impressive if true!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived