• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Scuderia Ferrari Discussion

Recommended Posts

80px-Scuderia_Ferrari_Logo.svg.png

 

The team was founded by Enzo Ferrari, initially to race cars produced by Alfa Romeo, though by 1947 Ferrari had begun building its own cars. Among its important achievements outside Formula One are winning the World Sportscar Championship, 24 Hours of Le Mans, 24 Hours of Spa, 24 Hours of Daytona, 12 Hours of Sebring, Bathurst 12 Hour, races for Grand tourer cars and racing on road courses of the Targa Florio, the Mille Miglia and the Carrera Panamericana.

As a constructor, Ferrari has a record 16 Constructors' Championships, the last of which was won in 2008. Alberto Ascari, Juan Manuel Fangio, Mike Hawthorn, Phil Hill, John Surtees, Niki Lauda, Jody Scheckter, Michael Schumacher and Kimi Räikkönen have won a record 15 Drivers' Championships for the team.[14] Since Räikkönen's title in 2007 the team narrowly lost out on the 2008 drivers' title with Felipe Massa and the 2010 and 2012 drivers' titles with Fernando Alonso.

Michael Schumacher is the team's most successful driver. Joining the team in 1996 and departing in 2006 he won five drivers' titles and 72 Grands Prix for the team. His titles came consecutively between 2000 and 2004, and the team won consecutive constructors' title from 1999 until the end of 2004; this was the team's most successful period.

Currently, Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc are the two main race drivers.

The team is also known for its passionate support base known as the tifosi. The Italian Grand Prix at Monza is regarded as the team's home race.

Grazzie Ragazzi! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't like the new matte red colour. Almost looks orange depending on lighting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nudge said:

Don't like the new matte red colour. Almost looks orange depending on lighting...

I think it's beautiful and something else for Ferrari.

rh7v0bt18ch21.jpg

:x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
On 18/02/2019 at 13:44, nudge said:

Don't like the new matte red colour. Almost looks orange depending on lighting...

Looks proper weird doesn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Looks proper weird doesn't it?

Yeah it just doesn't seem right haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vettel isn't very good at hide and seek. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New shade of red? :o 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much prefer that than the previous weirdly orange one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like their struggle in FP2 is set-up related. Hopefully they can get it sorted for tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting rumours coming in from Italy; the main gist of it being the alleged reliability issues that led to Ferrari having to turn down their PU a bit and make aerodynamic changes to compensate for it, leading to loss of balance. Not sure if true but it would make sense as even with Mercedes sandbagging, Ferrari's car performance looked inferior to the one in testing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, nudge said:

Interesting rumours coming in from Italy; the main gist of it being the alleged reliability issues that led to Ferrari having to turn down their PU a bit and make aerodynamic changes to compensate for it, leading to loss of balance. Not sure if true but it would make sense as even with Mercedes sandbagging, Ferrari's car performance looked inferior to the one in testing.

They should let Leclerc drive with the testing modification, to see if those reliability issues are really that bad. You either get a win or a DNF. But you'll know more :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

They should let Leclerc drive with the testing modification, to see if those reliability issues are really that bad. You either get a win or a DNF. But you'll know more :ph34r:

I like your all or nothing mentality but I think the risk to lose 1/3 of allocated engines in their first race of the season already is a bit too much for Ferrari :7_sweat_smile:

On a serious note, Kimi mentioned losing power at the end of Q3 and so did Grosjain at some point today - both Ferrari engines as well. Hope it's not a huge design flaw :3_grin:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nudge said:

On a serious note, Kimi mentioned losing power at the end of Q3 and so did Grosjain at some point today - both Ferrari engines as well. Hope it's not a huge design flaw :3_grin:

e09.jpg

 

Seriously though, that would suck. I'll never ever trust the tests again, probably won't even pay attention to them anymore. It's all a load of bollocks. 

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

e09.jpg

 

Seriously though, that would suck. I'll never ever trust the tests again, probably won't even pay attention to them anymore. It's all a load of bollocks. 

Haha take it easy... Maybe it's not that bad; the PU reliability issues are just a rumour anyway and even if it's true, we don't know anything about the extent of it. Could well be a software glitch that they'll manage to fix soon. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least we still have Mick and Sophia :61_sob:

:4_joy:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vpihwy72rmm21.jpg

xD

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Ferrari are running with the tight engine covers again that they used in the Barcelona tests, which might suggests that they solved their overheating problem?! Let's hope so. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put Vettel for pole on my prediction.

Oh Vettel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Put Vettel for pole on my prediction.

Oh Vettel.

Thanks for reminding me to change a few things. Or should I say...  Grazie Raggazi?! :D

Oh Seb.

Oh Charles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The boys are back in town! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They had an issue with Charles' car during the FP2 again today. Some sort of a leak and they investigated cooling issues.

Should probably have changed the PU completely after Bahrain after all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, nudge said:

They had an issue with Charles' car during the FP2 again today. Some sort of a leak and they investigated cooling issues.

Should probably have changed the PU completely after Bahrain after all. 

The PU? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

The PU? 

Power Unit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement