talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Scuderia Ferrari Discussion

football forum

80px-Scuderia_Ferrari_Logo.svg.png

The team was founded by Enzo Ferrari, initially to race cars produced by Alfa Romeo, though by 1947 Ferrari had begun building its own cars. Among its important achievements outside Formula One are winning the World Sportscar Championship, 24 Hours of Le Mans, 24 Hours of Spa, 24 Hours of Daytona, 12 Hours of Sebring, Bathurst 12 Hour, races for Grand tourer cars and racing on road courses of the Targa Florio, the Mille Miglia and the Carrera Panamericana.

As a constructor, Ferrari has a record 16 Constructors' Championships, the last of which was won in 2008. Alberto Ascari, Juan Manuel Fangio, Mike Hawthorn, Phil Hill, John Surtees, Niki Lauda, Jody Scheckter, Michael Schumacher and Kimi Räikkönen have won a record 15 Drivers' Championships for the team.[14] Since Räikkönen's title in 2007 the team narrowly lost out on the 2008 drivers' title with Felipe Massa and the 2010 and 2012 drivers' titles with Fernando Alonso.

Michael Schumacher is the team's most successful driver. Joining the team in 1996 and departing in 2006 he won five drivers' titles and 72 Grands Prix for the team. His titles came consecutively between 2000 and 2004, and the team won consecutive constructors' title from 1999 until the end of 2004; this was the team's most successful period.

Currently, Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc are the two main race drivers.

The team is also known for its passionate support base known as the tifosi. The Italian Grand Prix at Monza is regarded as the team's home race.

Grazzie Ragazzi! 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum
On 18/02/2019 at 13:44, nudge said:

Don't like the new matte red colour. Almost looks orange depending on lighting...

Looks proper weird doesn't it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Interesting rumours coming in from Italy; the main gist of it being the alleged reliability issues that led to Ferrari having to turn down their PU a bit and make aerodynamic changes to compensate for it, leading to loss of balance. Not sure if true but it would make sense as even with Mercedes sandbagging, Ferrari's car performance looked inferior to the one in testing.

31 minutes ago, nudge said:

Interesting rumours coming in from Italy; the main gist of it being the alleged reliability issues that led to Ferrari having to turn down their PU a bit and make aerodynamic changes to compensate for it, leading to loss of balance. Not sure if true but it would make sense as even with Mercedes sandbagging, Ferrari's car performance looked inferior to the one in testing.

They should let Leclerc drive with the testing modification, to see if those reliability issues are really that bad. You either get a win or a DNF. But you'll know more :ph34r:

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

They should let Leclerc drive with the testing modification, to see if those reliability issues are really that bad. You either get a win or a DNF. But you'll know more :ph34r:

I like your all or nothing mentality but I think the risk to lose 1/3 of allocated engines in their first race of the season already is a bit too much for Ferrari :7_sweat_smile:

On a serious note, Kimi mentioned losing power at the end of Q3 and so did Grosjain at some point today - both Ferrari engines as well. Hope it's not a huge design flaw :3_grin:

Just now, nudge said:

On a serious note, Kimi mentioned losing power at the end of Q3 and so did Grosjain at some point today - both Ferrari engines as well. Hope it's not a huge design flaw :3_grin:

e09.jpg

Seriously though, that would suck. I'll never ever trust the tests again, probably won't even pay attention to them anymore. It's all a load of bollocks. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

e09.jpg

Seriously though, that would suck. I'll never ever trust the tests again, probably won't even pay attention to them anymore. It's all a load of bollocks. 

Haha take it easy... Maybe it's not that bad; the PU reliability issues are just a rumour anyway and even if it's true, we don't know anything about the extent of it. Could well be a software glitch that they'll manage to fix soon. 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Pretty vague, was hoping for more details when I clicked on that link haha. 

Hopefully he's right though and Ferrari manages to solve whatever the issue is in time for Bahrain.

So Ferrari are running with the tight engine covers again that they used in the Barcelona tests, which might suggests that they solved their overheating problem?! Let's hope so. 

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Put Vettel for pole on my prediction.

Oh Vettel.

Thanks for reminding me to change a few things. Or should I say...  Grazie Raggazi?! :D

Oh Seb.

Oh Charles.

Archived