talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Scuderia Ferrari Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

The reversed grid thing sounds like an abomination of the sport I fell in love with. 

They have it in F2 (Sunday sprint race) and I hate it with passion.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

I don't even know what to say to that. 

Yeah, that's more or less my reaction too. If it turns out to be true, then one has to wonder how is it even possible to get the aerodynamics completely wrong for two seasons in a row... :what: xD 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Serious Question:

Is Binotto just an idiot?

I think he's a very good engineer and should be doing that instead of playing the team principal.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I guarantee this will make you smile. 

It took me 44s to smile and I did not stop! 

Leclerc gets shit scared while Vettel absolutely nails the stop xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, nudge said:

Very happy for him! 

Very happy for him too! He deserved to be on the grid next season tbh. But we all know whose rubels stood in the way. :ph34r: Actually, I think he was destined for the Alfa Romeo seat, no? Kimi continueing probably cost him. But I'm not complaining in that case. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Very happy for him too! He deserved to be on the grid next season tbh. But we all know whose rubels stood in the way. :ph34r: Actually, I think he was destined for the Alfa Romeo seat, no? Kimi continueing probably cost him. But I'm not complaining in that case. 

Yeah, I think his fate was sealed after Sauber decided to retain both Kimi and Giovinazzi next season... 

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

He seems to be a very nice kid too. Shame. Maybe in 2022, or when Haas are forced to kick Mazepin out at some point. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

He seems to be a very nice kid too. Shame. Maybe in 2022, or when Haas are forced to kick Mazepin out at some point. :ph34r:

Haha xD  He is very likeable indeed, and a huge dog fan which is always a big bonus in my books xD Gets well with Mick too, in fact he even had to borrow clothes from Mick for the awards ceremony after the final race, as he didn't even know there will be an awards ceremony so didn't bring any proper clothes with him xD 

I think in reality, his chances of getting an F1 seat are very slim though... Leclerc is obviously Ferrari's future, then there is Mick who Ferrari would also love to bring into their team at some point (provided he doesn't disappoint massively in the next few years), and then there's Shwartzman - Ferrari definitely have very high hopes for him too. Will be hard to get past them. Sauber seat could be an option if they continue their partnership with Alfa Romeo beyond 2021, which I think is quite unlikely. Even then, they themselves have a huge upcoming talent in Theo Pourchaire; I wouldn't be surprised if he takes Kimi's place in 2022. But who knows, maybe there will be some opportunities opening up at some point!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Rumours gathering pace today that following winter testing, Binotto has been fired. 

Edit: Now I'm seeing that people are backing away from the story, no smoke without fire I guess. It would be bizarre timing, but then again that's exactly what happened with Vettel.

Archived