The better place to talk football.

Sebastian Vettel

football forum

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Sebastian Vettel Appreciation Thread
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

It's a massive year for Vettel as he stands over the chasm of continuing for Ferrari or moving to a team in the midfield. Last season he had the fastest car and was, in the end comfortably beaten by Lewis Hamilton. His mistakes in Baku, Singapore, Monza and most famously in Germany with a large lead cost him dearly and with a new rival in Charles Leclerc he can't afford to do the same again - I said it in the bold predictions conversation that Charles might actually beat Seb head to head due to the amount of pressure that the German is under. 

He's a talented driver, no question about that but he has seriously under-performed and will be under the microscope from testing all the way through to Australia and beyond. Hamilton is in another league and Max, Charles and (very) arguably Bottas could challenge for the title this season. It'll be interesting to see how this one pans out. 

I really don't think Ferrari had the faster car all season last season. Mercedes clearly won the upgrade race and had the superior car halfway through the season. Also I don't think Bottas will be challenging for the title xD He's unfortunately nowhere near the top drivers in terms of speed and consistency, which really made me respect Rosberg and his achievements even more. Mercedes just keep him because he's easy to control when Hamilton needs his wingman again. I think he'll make way for Ocon either during this season, or in 2020. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I really don't think Ferrari had the faster car all season last season. Mercedes clearly won the upgrade race and had the superior car halfway through the season. Also I don't think Bottas will be challenging for the title xD He's unfortunately nowhere near the top drivers in terms of speed and consistency, which really made me respect Rosberg and his achievements even more. Mercedes just keep him because he's easy to control when Hamilton needs his wingman again. I think he'll make way for Ocon either during this season, or in 2020. 

Bottas grew a beard and finished fifth in his first ever rally even winning a stage in the process during the winter break so hopefully this is a sign that he is going to pull himself together and strive for more than being a push around wingman :D 

Just now, nudge said:

Bottas grew a beard and finished fifth in his first ever rally even winning a stage in the process during the winter break so hopefully this is a sign that he is going to pull himself together and strive for more than being a push around wingman :D 

I really do hope so. He's such a nice guy. I think the he used the season break well. Apparently he got into photography too, and documented his travels and adventures. He posted some really nice pictures on Instagram :D Hopefully he recharged his batteries and can show the doubters that he's better than many believe. 

• 4 weeks later...

He looked very relaxed and not too phased by the times today. There's something going on. Maybe Ferrari just have set up issues, or they hope to be better in the long run on different tracks etc. We'll see. 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

I think the level of gap suggests that Mercedes are definitely ahead but nothing is won on Saturday and it would be foolish to write off either Seb or Charles for that matter. Of course they have a very good chance tomorrow, it all depends what happens on the front row.

Charles said he had the pace for P3 but made a mistake into T1 on his last lap - shows he could at least have locked out the second row and kept Max at bay :).

Well, there's always hope for Charles that Crashstappen takes out 2-3 cars in front of him. 

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Max hates red :$.

Let's hope he also hates personality lacking wannabe American wannabe rappers. 

Can I get a :o for that? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Really nice of him to do that but damn are those fans annoying :7_sweat_smile: I will never be able to understand the hysterical screams and lining up waiting for celebrities to arrive to at least get a glimpse of them and beg for autographs or a shitty picture and going ape shit in general once they see their "idol" xD 

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Pure class :x

Shame he couldn't sort out the woman who can't record videos on her phone properly 

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

Really nice of him to do that but damn are those fans annoying :7_sweat_smile: I will never be able to understand the hysterical screams and lining up waiting for celebrities to arrive to at least get a glimpse of them and beg for autographs or a shitty picture and going ape shit in general once they see their "idol" xD 

Proper fan-girls. Hysterically annoying. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Decision not to use social media
"I just can't identify with a generation that wants to share everything, at all times. It's not that I have something to hide, not at all. I think many people are thinking that life of a Formula 1 driver is a lot more exotic than my life is, but I actually like to have a normal life, and I think I qualify as living a normal life. But I don't have the desire to share. Why? I don't get the point. Why do you need to tell people what you are doing?"

:x

2 hours ago, nudge said:

:x

Just a normal guy. I know it gets old and it seems like bias bla bla. But yesterday I saw Lewis Hamilton's instagram story. He congratulates Drake like he was his friend from school, than he congratulated David Beckham, Sophie Turner, that Jonas Brothers guy... trying so hard to be a celebrity xD

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Vettel already talking down his career that has been very fortunate, winning four world titles despite being a pretty average racer wheel to wheel. 

With Leclerc going to dominate over the next few years and his contact up in 2020, this is the beginning of the end of Seb.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/vettel-i-dont-need-to-leave-a-legacy/

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

He is a celebrity though?

Yea, but he's desperately trying to be a part of those A-List Hollywood celebrities. It's pretty cringy, especially if those celebs don't even respond or react to his stories. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived