talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sebastian Vettel

football forum

• Subscriber

I doubt that's true but if it is, they need someone good because Stroll has had a very average year after making some steps in the past couple.

Bottas would have been literally perfect and it would have been a way better seat for him than Alfa Romeo xD.

A potential silver lining @Tommy... Hulkenback again?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I doubt that's true but if it is, they need someone good because Stroll has had a very average year after making some steps in the past couple.

Bottas would have been literally perfect and it would have been a way better seat for him than Alfa Romeo xD.

A potential silver lining @Tommy... Hulkenback again?

I'd love Hülkenberg back in F1 again, but chances are really slim. Not sure if they'd really go for him, if Seb decides to leave. 

If Seb decides to retire, what a fucking shame for Pierre Gasly. Would have been a decent drive for him, and a chance to finally get out of Red Bull. 

• Subscriber

A series of contract announcements this week have left few places available on the grid for next season. Vettel’s move to the team from Ferrari was announced one year ago almost to the day but Aston Martin is yet to formally confirm its plans for next season.

“There’s no news on that front from my side,” Vettel told media including RaceFans at Monza today. “I am talking to the team, obviously, and I think we’ll have an answer very soon but at this point no news.”

Vettel scored a podium finish for the team in Azerbaijan and returned to the podium in Hungary, but subsequently lost the result due to a disqualification for a technical infringement. He indicated he has no concerns the team may not take up an option on his services.

“We are talking to each other,” said Vettel. “I really enjoy working with the team. The atmosphere is great and I do believe the future of this team is very bright. I’m not worried and I feel that we will have an answer soon.”

Team principal Otmar Szafnaur said at the end of July team would announce its plans for next season in due course”, adding Vettel is “definitely happy within the team.”

“He is enjoying his time in racing again so that’s what he wanted to do and I think we’ve accomplished that with him,” said Szafnauer. “So watch this space, but we’ll make that announcement in due course.”

---

Sounds like he'll be staying most likely.

7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

A series of contract announcements this week have left few places available on the grid for next season. Vettel’s move to the team from Ferrari was announced one year ago almost to the day but Aston Martin is yet to formally confirm its plans for next season.

“There’s no news on that front from my side,” Vettel told media including RaceFans at Monza today. “I am talking to the team, obviously, and I think we’ll have an answer very soon but at this point no news.”

Vettel scored a podium finish for the team in Azerbaijan and returned to the podium in Hungary, but subsequently lost the result due to a disqualification for a technical infringement. He indicated he has no concerns the team may not take up an option on his services.

“We are talking to each other,” said Vettel. “I really enjoy working with the team. The atmosphere is great and I do believe the future of this team is very bright. I’m not worried and I feel that we will have an answer soon.”

Team principal Otmar Szafnaur said at the end of July team would announce its plans for next season in due course”, adding Vettel is “definitely happy within the team.”

“He is enjoying his time in racing again so that’s what he wanted to do and I think we’ve accomplished that with him,” said Szafnauer. “So watch this space, but we’ll make that announcement in due course.”

---

Sounds like he'll be staying most likely.

If he stays, Mick remains at Haas, and Zhou is confirmed at Alfa (which are the reports), that fills up the grid no? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

“On Monday, November 30, I woke up at six in the morning,” he said in his autobiography, ‘La Mote En Face’, written by the driver and his journalist wife Marion Grosjean.

“Someone arrived very early and in a rather unexpected way: Sebastian Vettel. He was worried about me.

“Seb is probably the driver that I feel closest to. He is living the same life as me with his three children and wants to protect that life as much as possible.

“When I told him I wanted to race the last race he said, ‘No, you need to go home and rest!’

“I explained to him that it was the end of my career and that I did not want to end this way.”

Seb ❤️ 

• 1 month later...

[Erik Van Haren] Sebastian Vettel has set up his own karting race today. Seven or eight women from Saudi Arabia are taking part. "I wanted to do something, women have only been allowed to drive here for a few years. I was very inspired by their stories."

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I see Vettel is now complaining about the environment and questioning his job.   Maybe he should just retire and become a activist instead of being  a hypocritical activist just to stay in the money.    

The only time you ever read anything on Vettel,  it is not his racing,  it is his activism and perhaps he should follow that path and get out of the way of younger drivers that want to be there.   

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Goosebumps! 

And when they talk about his personality, being friendly, and treating everyone with respect. It's still who he is today. Yes, he had his moments where he came across arrogant or disobeyed team orders, but I guess that's just what can happen if you come from a modest background and you're suddenly in the limelight fighting for Championships. If you look at him now, I think he matured perfectly! 

• Subscriber

Understandable decision; his time in F1 was running out, and it makes sense to retire and focus on other important things in his life. He achieved more than enough in his career, both achievements and money wise, and frankly, racing doesn't seem to fit in with his worldview anymore.

Fully expect him to go all-in into environmental activism, maybe even politics. Would also explain the sudden social media entry; after all, he's smart enough to know that's where he'll be able to reach the largest audience once he's gone from F1.

Archived