talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sauber (not Alfa Romeo, but Audi soon) Chat

football forum

On 13/12/2021 at 21:06, nudge said:

Zhou's first day at Sauber :)

Yet another person who receives so much (racist) hate on social media. Fucking hell. Automatically makes me root for him. 

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Were Alfa Romeo ever more than a livery sponsor?

A glorified title sponsor with no involvement on the technical side, as much as I'm aware.

So today's announcements pretty much confirm the Audi Sauber rumours. I have mixed feelings, but generally, I think it's a good chance for Sauber to make the next step. I'm not a fan of Audi, but they are no mugs and have a rich and successful racing history.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Nice.

I wonder what will Pourchaire do, though. He's probably set for the Sauber seat in 2024 or 2025 at the latest, and technically, he could stay in F2 one more season, but he said he won't. Not many options for him in single seaters that would be an upgrade and let him develop further. Maybe Super Formula? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Sauber (not Alfa Romeo, but Audi soon) Chat
  • Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Never had more mixed feelings about a team overtake in F1 😅 hope it works out for Sauber, and hope they will be able to keep the name in some capacity. As for Audi... Meeeeeeeh. 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Fucks sake. Nevermind. I'm still asleep. 

How can I laugh react to my own post?

Happens to the best of us xD

I think both Audi and Seidl should be good for Sauber, but both rub me the wrong way, so I am not excited.

Just now, nudge said:

Well... yeah, considering that Audi are taking over Sauber :ph34r:

Well, Sauber, Alfa Romeo, Audi... it's all so confusing. xD  But yea, proper brainfart there. xD

But Seidl seems like a very competent principal. Bit under the radar at McLaren because of Zac Brown's prominence. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Seidl too? Why? :o 

I honestly don't know, it's not rational xD I actually really liked him when he was leading Porsche, and yes, he's a very competent team principal who will do a great job, I'm sure. But these days whenever I hear him on TV during the race weekend it just annoys me. As I said, completely irrational xD 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well, Sauber, Alfa Romeo, Audi... it's all so confusing. xD  But yea, proper brainfart there. xD

But Seidl seems like a very competent principal. Bit under the radar at McLaren because of Zac Brown's prominence. 

0ghwnsxvwpw81.jpg?width=500&auto=webp&s=

xD 

• 1 month later...

The Sauber Group is pleased to announce that, as per the plans outlined in October last year, Audi acquired a minority stake in the Sauber Group in January 2023. This is an important milestone on the way to Audi’s entry in Formula One, scheduled for 2026, for which the Sauber Group will be the German brand’s strategic partner.

Archived