Sauber (not Alfa Romeo, but Audi soon) Chat

football forum

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Dzq9bgbWoAAraJF.jpg

Alfa bling bling outside, Sauber engineering inside :xxD

I'm cautiously positive about the upcoming season. More budget, a great team lineup, and it seems they weren't afraid to experiment with the car either. 

• Subscriber

Sauber Junior Team by Charouz has been officially presented today with the new driver lineups for F2, F3 and F4.

Sauber Motorsport, which runs the Alfa Romeo Racing entry in Formula 1, partnered with Charouz Racing System in November to launch the Sauber Junior Team programme.

The programme mission is to support and develop the skills of a carefully-selected group of young drivers from 2019 onwards.

The Sauber Junior Team initiative is unique in international motorsport as it gives talented youngsters a clear pathway to potentially progress from the FIA’s entry-level single-seater category to the verge of Formula 1 with a single team.

Sauber Junior Team by Charouz will be represented in the FIA Formula 2 Championship by Ferrari Driver Academy member Callum Ilott, 20, from the UK, and American Juan Manuel Correa, 19, who impressed during last year’s F2 post-season test in Abu Dhabi.

The Sauber Junior Team by Charouz driver line-up in the FIA Formula 3 Championship is Switzerland’s Fabio Scherer, 19, reigning German F4 champion Lirim Zendeli, 19, and F3 Asia champion Raoul Hyman, 22.

The drivers that will fly the flag for the Sauber Junior Team by US Racing – Charouz in the German and Italian F4 championships are reigning South East Asia F4 champion, Alessandro Ghiretti, 17, Czech Republic National Team karting graduate Roman Staněk, 14, and French F4 Junior Champion Théo Pourchaire, 15.

Dzw4L1wX0AAvcd7.jpg

I'm honestly considering getting some merchandise from them, even though it's so expensive from F1 teams in general. But that shade of red with the Alfa Romeo writing on it looks sooooo sexy. I was already looking into it last season, but the postage fees from Switzerland were too much. 

• Subscriber
On 22/02/2019 at 13:38, Tommy said:

I'm honestly considering getting some merchandise from them, even though it's so expensive from F1 teams in general. But that shade of red with the Alfa Romeo writing on it looks sooooo sexy. I was already looking into it last season, but the postage fees from Switzerland were too much. 

I'm not into merchandise in general but some of it really looks good... 

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

So cool. Love stuff like this. So interesting to see him testing all the different modes etc. So I guess that was the very first installation lap, right? Edit: Okay, the video description says it was the installation lap in Barcelona, so it wasn't the very first in Italy. Still cool. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Hmm I thought he was still a part of the team as the third driver and brand ambassador anyway? 

Maybe now that it's Alfa Romeo they had to re-new the paperwork or something? xD

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Maybe now that it's Alfa Romeo they had to re-new the paperwork or something? xD

Could be hehe. He's also driving in IndyCar this season so maybe had something to sort out with his team there as well...

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

Becoming even more Ferrari! The Free practice classifications made me laugh. Kimi still relatively close to Vettel. Like he never left the team. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Becoming even more Ferrari! The Free practice classifications made me laugh. Kimi still relatively close to Vettel. Like he never left the team. 

Yeah I was also a bit confused there at first when I saw it xD 

• Subscriber

Antonio Giovinazzi’s Australian Grand Prix was compromised by floor and front wing damage sustained on the opening lap.

The Italian's Alfa Romeo Formula 1 car picked up floor damage at the start when he ran over debris from Daniel Ricciardo’s Renault.

He then had contact with the McLaren of Carlos Sainz at Turn 9, which damaged the front wing.

Struggling for pace and unable to fight other cars in the first stint, Giovinazzi lost around five seconds at his pitstop while the team made adjustments to balance the car.

He eventually finished a distant 15th, ahead of only the Williams drivers, while teammate Raikkonen took eighth place.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/giovinazzi-alfa-romeo-damage-australia/4355237/

Big relief! Thought he was just having an extremely bad race but this explains it...

• Subscriber
  • The title was changed to Sauber (not Alfa Romeo, but Audi soon) Chat

Archived