talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sauber (not Alfa Romeo, but Audi soon) Chat

football forum

On 02/01/2020 at 12:51, nudge said:

Kubica has joined Sauber as a reserve driver for next season and has brought in Orlen as a co-title sponsor :o

Good deal for both sides, nice. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Sauber has passed all the crash tests now :) It's being reported that despite having Ferrari engine, they incorporated a lot of Mercedes last year's car design concepts this time (and apparently their very extreme nose design was the reason why they failed the front crash test before!). Will be interesting to see what they've come up with...

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

xD

Looks like Darth Vader to me. 

Also, that racing suit... :x

FB_IMG_1581678280030.jpg

The old one, yes. The new one seems too happy to be Darth Vader. :D

That is an awesome racing suit. But most likely just for testing too? :( 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Sauber relaunched their junior academy after last year's partnership with Charouz came to an early end.

Four drivers confirmed: Theo Pourchaire (F3 rookie), Petr Ptacek (Formula Renault Eurocup), Dexter Patterson (Italian F4) and Emerson Fittipaldi Jr (karting).

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

https://www.blick.ch/sport/formel1/bottas-im-sotschi-training-vorne-hat-kimi-fuer-2021-schon-unterschrieben-id16112160.html

According to Blick, Kimi will drive for Alfa in 2021. :) And Mick will get to test the car on 9th October. :banana:

Kimi and Mick in Sauber next year would be perfect... Just hope Sauber build a better car for 2021 :/

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Kimi and Mick in Sauber next year would be perfect... Just hope Sauber build a better car for 2021 :/

Funnily enough I posted a comment on Facebook today where I said that I'd like to see Mick at Alfa with Kimi as his mentor. Looks like it's really going to be like this. :)

8 hours ago, nudge said:

It's not confirmed, just rumours at this point, but yeah, seems likely. 

It seems weird to have an F1 season without an Italian (not sure how much it happens?), with them having such a history with racing cars, but Gio really adds nothing IMO. I feel them same about him as I do about Latifi, which is a giant pile of 'meh'. 

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Eco said:

It seems weird to have an F1 season without an Italian (not sure how much it happens?), with them having such a history with racing cars, but Gio really adds nothing IMO. I feel them same about him as I do about Latifi, which is a giant pile of 'meh'. 

There hasn't been any Italian racers before Gio for quite a while. Think Fisichella and Trulli were the last ones, and then we haven't had a single one for years... 

• The title was changed to Sauber (not Alfa Romeo, but Audi soon) Chat

Archived