talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sauber (not Alfa Romeo, but Audi soon) Chat

football forum

43 minutes ago, nudge said:

There hasn't been any Italian racers before Gio for quite a while. Think Fisichella and Trulli were the last ones, and then we haven't had a single one for years... 

Really? I find that surprising with companies like Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Lamborghini, and Maserati coming from there.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Eco said:

Really? I find that surprising with companies like Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Lamborghini, and Maserati coming from there.

Italy has rich automotive/motorsport culture, but that alone isn't enough. Probably lack of investment in young talent, especially in terms of sponsoring schemes. 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Italy has rich automotive/motorsport culture, but that alone isn't enough. Probably lack of investment in young talent, especially in terms of sponsoring schemes. 

Makes sense, but I just figured/assumed that those major manufactures would lead the charge in sponsorship. But that makes sense as the economy in Italy was been poor for some time. 

• Subscriber
57 minutes ago, Eco said:

Makes sense, but I just figured/assumed that those major manufactures would lead the charge in sponsorship. But that makes sense as the economy in Italy was been poor for some time. 

Ferrari invests a lot in their youth academy, but the majority of their juniors happen to be not Italian... The rest has nothing to do with F1, even Alfa Romeo who just put their name on the Sauber partnership. Maserati has no racing program at all, as much as I'm aware. Lambo only participates in GT events. 

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's a pity. I really wanted to see Mick in a Sauber alongside Kimi :(

Same. Kimi would have been a good mentor and a benchmark. Now he probably gets Mazepin at Haas, who is most definitely neither. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Tommy said:

Same. Kimi would have been a good mentor and a benchmark. Now he probably gets Mazepin at Haas, who is most definitely neither. 

Mick also tends to need a season to adapt to a new car and new challenges, so if he ends up being outperformed by Mazepin, I don't want to see that xD  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

It has been rumoured for a few weeks and the reports of Russell to Mercedes being a done deal are pretty rife now.

Honestly just think Bottas should pack it in. None of the top 7 teams have a space for him. He'd be better of going and winning in another series than battling to be the one guy from the useless teams that gets into Q2. Unless there's something we don't know about next year's Alfa Romeo.

Giovinazzi is turning out to be a pretty pointless driver and Kimi's retirement has been overdue for a couple of years now. It would make more sense to me to see Ferrari shift Schumacher into Giovinazzi's place because I don't see Haas having a revolution under the new rules next year. Perhaps Bottas in the role of mentor there replacing Kimi could work...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So happy for Zhou, but obviously this means no Gio. 

I'm seeing that Mazepin already has his seat confirmed? If so, what a shit contract that is. Obviously Mick will get another seat there if Sebs return, which means no seat for Robert S., which sucks. 

• The title was changed to Sauber (not Alfa Romeo, but Audi soon) Chat

Archived