• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Sauber acknowledging Kimi's 300th F1 race in style xD 

https://www.sauber-group.com/motorsport/f1-news/300-times-kimi/

Er335aG.jpg

300 times Kimi

300. Few drivers in the history of Formula One have ever reached such heady heights in terms of race entries, and next weekend will mark this important milestone for our very own Kimi Räikkönen. Yes, he had to be told. “DRIVING IS THE ONLY THING I LIKE ABOUT F1”, the Iceman famously said, so it’s safe to say numbers do not mean a lot to him. Do not expect a commemorative helmet, either. “IT PROTECTS MY HEAD”, that is all it does – how to disagree? And were Formula One to organise a special commemoration on the grid before the race, well, we can only hope it doesn’t clash with Kimi’s loo break…

Like Gerard Butler’s Spartan king in the “300” movie, Kimi’s a man of few (if sharp) words. Unlike Leonidas and his heroes, who fought to keep the Hot Gates of the Thermopylae well shut, our man likes his gates open… especially on Brazil’s support paddock pitlanes (remember his off-track… search for an alternative route in Interlagos 2012?). Mostly, and we’re really stretching this metaphor to its extremes, like the cinematic Greek warriors, Kimi doesn’t give a monkey about what others think of him (and would tell you so, in slightly more colourful words).

HE IS NOT HERE TO PLEASE PEOPLE, HE’S HERE TO DO HIS BEST.

From his debut (in a Sauber) in Australia 2001, Kimi Räikkönen has gone on to become one of Formula One’s iconic characters. A winner of 21 races, he may claim 19 years in the sport (with a brief, two-year hiatus) didn’t change him… truth is, they have. The fresh-faced boy who rocked up in Melbourne nearly two decades ago, almost missing his first race start as he was having a nap in the garage, is now a World Champion and a proud family man, husband to Minttu and father to Robin and Rianna. Professionally, he’s enjoying his driving at Alfa Romeo Racing as a relaxed, happy driver doing what he does best.

Time and experience change people. But the core Kimi, that never changes. For sure, we will never try to do so – to try and change Kimi to fit a mould is a futile exercise.

WE JUST LEAVE HIM ALONE. HE KNOWS WHAT HE’S DOING.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not here to join in this thread guys :P

But only to say that I’m on holiday in Napoli at the moment. You may say, so what!

Well just that the town my wife is from, Sant’ Antimo and that’s where Nicola Romeo was born and who is the chap that created the great company that is Alfa Romeo.

Anyway, after that, I’m outa here. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

AMuS are reporting that Giovinazzi is at risk of losing his seat if he doesn't show any improvement until Monza. Makes sense too; expected more from him but he's been disappointing so far. Not sure whom Ferrari would put in the second Sauber seat next season if Giovinazzi is gone though.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

There are stories (rumours?) coming out that it's apparently very unlikely that Alfa Romeo will continue the Sauber partnership after 2020. Apparently there's a lot of disagreement with Ferrari as well and it's suggested that they might sever ties and move to Honda engines in the future.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

There are stories (rumours?) coming out that it's apparently very unlikely that Alfa Romeo will continue the Sauber partnership after 2020. Apparently there's a lot of disagreement with Ferrari as well and it's suggested that they might sever ties and move to Honda engines in the future.

Maybe about the driver choice for their 2nd seat? ;)

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Maybe about the driver choice for their 2nd seat? ;)

Haha still hoping for Hulk are we? xD 

I don't know; I hear it's more of a general disagreement about how things are being done and that Sauber feel they are not taking the path which was agreed upon with Marchionne when the deal was made.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha still hoping for Hulk are we? xD 

I don't know; I hear it's more of a general disagreement about how things are being done and that Sauber feel they are not taking the path which was agreed upon with Marchionne when the deal was made.

Definitely. I'd be such a shame to see him without a drive.

Hmm, I see. Hope they'll get a good deal in place if the Ferrari thing breaks up. They'd need it financially. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Sauber (not Alfa Romeo, but Audi soon) Chat

Archived