The better place to talk football.

Sauber (not Alfa Romeo, but Audi soon) Chat

football forum

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

"Andretti has bought a majority shareholding in Alfa Romeo and Colton Herta will drive for the team in 2022"

If true, then I'm very excited and eager to see what Herta can do in F1. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

I too just heard it on Sky commentary 😂

Good stuff, looking forward to seeing Zhou in F1.

German Sky? Because I heard that there too and thought "surely it's on reddit", and I was right. xD

• Subscriber

Giovinazzi has had his chance if we're being honest. He's alright but that's it. It's been clear for a while that he's leaving given that he ignored team orders in Turkey and sarcastically thanked the team for his strategy in Mexico.

Most of the F1 community saying Zhou is only a pay driver. But his recent results in F2 and Asian F3 are quite good, no? Okay, the rumoured 30 Mio are probably what tempted Alfa the most though. 😅

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Most of the F1 community saying Zhou is only a pay driver. But his recent results in F2 and Asian F3 are quite good, no? Okay, the rumoured 30 Mio are probably what tempted Alfa the most though. 😅

He's definitely a good driver, not a top talent, but good. I've been following his career since his debut in F4 (as I always keep an eye on Asian drivers), and I like watching him as I find his racecraft enjoyable. Consistency might be somewhat of an issue, at least that's what been his biggest weakness so far. 

Of course Sauber gave him the seat because of the money he brings in, that's a no brainer. There's a huge lack of seats available to youngsters in F1, so the package of being a decent driver and having the money will always be more advantageous than just being a decent driver. As much as I'm aware, their plan is to have him for one year, and then give the seat to Pourchaire. I personally hope that Zhou has an impressive debut season and stays in F1 though (while Pourchaire also gets the seat, as I fucking love Pourchaire).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

:o 

Hmmm... So he says he's sad that Giovinazzi is gone and he's happy that Zhou has been given a seat, but he's still unhappy with the way in which the drivers were chosen? What is it then, he's not a Bottas fan, I take it? xD 

In all seriousness, it's probably just another internal power struggle with Picci losing...

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Hmmm... So he says he's sad that Giovinazzi is gone and he's happy that Zhou has been given a seat, but he's still unhappy with the way in which the drivers were chosen? What is it then, he's not a Bottas fan, I take it? xD 

In all seriousness, it's probably just another internal power struggle with Picci losing...

Maybe he's bi-polar. 🤔xD But yea, sounds like a salty loser. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Sauber (not Alfa Romeo, but Audi soon) Chat

Archived